Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Viliv s5

Beans

Re: Viliv s5

Great work JaseP and all of you contributors. I too am looking at the s5 but I'll only buy one if Linux can be installed and functioning properly. Best wishes, i2bgB

Beans

Right now, the following is the status:

• Graphics working 100%
    • Bluetooth working 100%
    • Wireless about 75% (no WPA or WPA2,... & Using Gnome's Network Manager locks the system)
    • Touchscreen about 33% (touches are registered, but drivers are not correctly translating the coordinates, and calibration is not yet possible).
    • GPS about 25% (device turns on.... that's about it... The device is likely attached to the /dev/ttys0 port, but so far no response from any apps that use gpsd to interface to it,... admittedly not much work being done there...)

Anyone who knows how to patch kernel modules is welcome to give us a hand,... What we really need is to apply the patches that exist "out there" to the psmouse driver to make it stop trying to report the PS/2 port to /dev/mice, or at least force it to do so with absolute coordinates...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by JaseP View Post
    Right now, the following is the status:

• Graphics working 100%
    • Bluetooth working 100%
    • Wireless about 75% (no WPA or WPA2,... & Using Gnome's Network Manager locks the system)
    • Touchscreen about 33% (touches are registered, but drivers are not correctly translating the coordinates, and calibration is not yet possible).
    • GPS about 25% (device turns on.... that's about it... The device is likely attached to the /dev/ttys0 port, but so far no response from any apps that use gpsd to interface to it,... admittedly not much work being done there...)

Anyone who knows how to patch kernel modules is welcome to give us a hand,... What we really need is to apply the patches that exist "out there" to the psmouse driver to make it stop trying to report the PS/2 port to /dev/mice, or at least force it to do so with absolute coordinates...
    I own a Viliv s7 with the same wifi chipset, and was never able to make it work with network manager (and even wicd), but for some reason I found one version of natty daily image that it works on (after alpha 1, right before alpha 2). I now have it working (full wpa2 and everything), but if I update, it breaks again. Not sure who to alert, and what information to provide so that this can be resolved, if you have any ideas, let me know

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I also should add that even tho my Viliv s7 has a different touchscreen (also not working out the box), I did find a nice app called xinput_calibrator that works for configuring my touchscreen, so it may be of help to you guys. Here is the ppa:

https://launchpad.net/~tias/+archive...calibrator-ppa

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234