Thread: Ubuntu -> Ubuntu Netbook Remix

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ubuntu -> Ubuntu Netbook Remix

Hi,

I've installed Ubuntu 8.10 at my Asus EeePC 901. Now when there's a Netbook Remix release available ät 9.04, I would like to upgrade to that Ubuntu branch instead. Is that possible? Is it risky to just switch the repositories?
    PGP public key: 0xB39B0BA9

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Ubuntu -> Ubuntu Netbook Remix

You dont have to switch the repositories?
    You just do System -> Administration -> update***** (cant remember what its called in english) and at the top of the screen you can update it. Afterwards you can add the repositories for netbook remix
    Tobias Feldballe Petersen - Helloooo :O

Beans

Re: Ubuntu -> Ubuntu Netbook Remix

Quote Originally Posted by qrwe View Post
    Hi,

I've installed Ubuntu 8.10 at my Asus EeePC 901. Now when there's a Netbook Remix release available ät 9.04, I would like to upgrade to that Ubuntu branch instead. Is that possible? Is it risky to just switch the repositories?
    There are instructions here https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UNR for installing UNR features on a regular install. If you do the upgrade from what you have, that is what you will need to do to match UNR features.

If you install the UNR flavor of 9.04 over what you have, you have the opportunity to use EXT4 for your root partition (presuming the 4GB SSD) and continue to use your /home (8 or 16GB SSD) as is. Select manual partitioning of the drive to specify what you want. If you decide you don't like the UNR desktop, you can switch back to the standard Gnome desktop.

This morning I installed 9.04 release over 9.04RC on ,y 901, leaving the 16GB SSD alone (and specifing it be used as /home) and reformatting the 4GB SSD for /.

It might be faster to reinstall rather than upgrade.

HTH,
    hank