Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: The official Ubuntu 9.04 is released thread.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: The official Ubuntu 9.04 is released thread.

Wow.. I nearly had a disaster!

My case is wide opened because I wanted to test that everything major seems to work before attaching the rails for the hard drive and closing up the case.

Then I look up and see this bug flying around my OPEN CASE! AAAAAaA! Talk about the ultimate computer bug!

Now he's a smudge on the wall that I have to clean up after I put my case back together.
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by entr3p View Post
    I gotta say that I feel the same way.
    Rofl! That video was so.. &#*#$^@#*(&).
    Toshiba Satellite Notebook L305D - 3GB DDR2 RAM - 320GB HD - DUAL BOOT: Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Nice blender works on my old pc again . When i last upgraded to 8 i lost blender . So when i did 9 upgrade i thought i would be scraping my old pc and going down to 3 pc`s but 9 installed okay and my pc can do a lot more on 9 than on 8 . Ubuntu 9 installed on a pc i ran win 98 back when linux 6 was new did a dual boot then fdisk and install linux 6 and upgrade to todays new flavour years latter. i do have newer pc`s i just like my old pc it`s served me well . And thanks to good programing i can still use my old pc . Good job development team .

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonbite View Post
    AAAAAaA! Talk about the ultimate computer bug!
    I read somewhere that Grace Hopper (one of the inventors of COBOL) ran into some problems one day, and found a fried moth in the computer. The subsequent handwritten log said something about debugging, and the idea caught on.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: So far, what is your impression on Ubuntu 9.04?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungQuiz View Post
    everything is cool,except i cant burn anything

serpentine crashes,brassero crashes,nautilus crashes......

im pretty frustrated
    Upgrade or Fresh install? Also, did you test your CD if you installed it from?
    Acer Aspire 4730Z Laptop-******* 7/LinuxMint 11 Katya Dual Boot
    AMD Phenom II 545/*******7/Pulling HTPC Duty

Beans

I am new (having been using Ubuntu for a few weeks now) and while I am VERY happy - impressed with both Ubuntu OS and all the help on the forum was wondering why previously AMD64 was listed along with Intel i386 and you needed to pick which one and now I had to go to this forum to find the AMD64 ISO file as when I clicked on 9.04 it only gave one ISO....

Also, the ISO I found on the forum is dated as 4/20/09, whereas the btorrent is dated 4/23/09...so no changes from 4/20/09, yet got notice of changes today....guess I should wait for a while before re-installing as I was going to do this weekend due to installing and not getting things to work at first, and trying different things until I could...Lightscribe was the hardest, until I found out they are two different programs and while one runs by clicking on it, the other I have to run from terminal. SUN's VM is still fighting me as I used (Sorry to use the WORD) MS VM previously. Some programs I still need windows - so it seems - as they are specific MS applications that have no Ubuntu replacement (HAVA - TV streamming from my HDDVR and DirecTV network player) and still learning the way to get tasks done in Ubuntu.

I am wondering if the server OS is as easy to use as the desktop has been....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I installed the RC version on the 23rd. Can't say I found any problem. I have now installed the "Final" version. Boy! Root terminal not working. Search in the add remove goes blank. You have to close and open again. Thought I would find Skype (read it somewhere) but no not there. That is as much as I can say after only 6 hours of having installed. Not criticizing, just commenting. Am sure those guys will have these fixed after the amount of feedback.

Beans
    Hidden!

CNET comments...
    Probably posted already.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10226746-92.html

Beans

Smile Re: The official Ubuntu 9.04 is released thread.

thx downloaded torrents on ubuntu and kubuntu @ 800kb/s each got both to play with in 20 mins

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233