Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help with firefox browser!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Please help with firefox browser!!

HELLO EVERYONE NEWB HERE...

ANYWAYS TODAY I DECIDED I WAS TIRED OF XP AND ALL THE PROBLEMS IT WAS CAUSING ME AND SO I MADE THE BIG MOVE TO UBUNTU 8.10... AND LET ME START OFF BY SAYING ITS GREAT!!! I LOVE IT SHOULD OF DONE THIS A VERY LONG TIME AGO. ANYWAYS FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF HOURS I'VE BEEN BASICALLY EXPLORING AND GETTIN THE FEEL FOR IT. EVERYTHING SEEMS TO WORK FINE AND HAVE BASICALLY EVERYTHING I NEED. THE ONE PROBLEM I AM HAVING THOUGH IS WITH FIREFOX WHEN IM LOOKIN AT A PAGE I GET A SCROLLBAR AT THE BUTTOM OF THE WINDOW. I HAVE TO DRAG THE BAR TO RIGHT IN ORDER TO VIEW THE REST OF THE PAGE AND THATS JUST TOO HECTIC FOR ME. ALSO THE FONTS SIZE APPEARS BIG ON ALL WEBPAGES WICH BOTHERS MY EYES AND CAUSES ME HEADACHE. HERE ARE SOME SCREEN SHOTS SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT I MEAN. SO YEA ANY HELP WILL BE GLADLY GLADLY APPRECIATED.... THANX IN ADVANCED GUYZ AND THANKS TO ALL OF THOSE INVOLVED IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS GREAT OPERATING SYSTEM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Please help with firefox browser!!

Go to View > Zoom > Zoom Out or hit Ctrl ++. See if this fixes your problem.

Edit: Welcome on board!
    Last edited by _Purple_; April 23rd, 2009 at 08:43 AM.
    Peace
    YAY! #200

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Step 1. Hit CAPS LOCK and turn it off and never ever touch it again.

Step 2. I don't think it is a Firefox problem. Check your screen resolution. The web pages look fine. But your desktop seems way too small.

System > Preferences > Screen Resolution

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Nope that doesnt work. It just makes everything way to small and unreadable. Any other suggestions?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by bigswagg View Post
    Nope that doesnt work. It just makes everything way to small and unreadable. Any other suggestions?
    Did you try to change the screen resolution as Hagi10 has suggested?
    Peace
    YAY! #200

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

it looks like you have 800x600 resolution set - vesa mode?
    what is your gfx card? is driver installed properly?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

lol @ Hagi10.. will do sir

and cant be the resolution the desktop is already extra big in my opinion 800x600. BTW the lower i go the bigger and blurrier everything gets.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by bigswagg View Post

Are you sure that you installed the driver for your graphics card? You can do that in System>Administration>Hardware drivers. Be sure to install the recommended driver while your graphics might crash if you pick the wrong driver. After driver install, and a reboot you should be able to set your screen resolution higher, which seems to be the problem you have.

If you check your screen resolution I'd bet it says 800x600 or so.

After driver install go to System>Administration and look for nVidia X Server Settings, if your graphics card is an nVidia based card, and Programs>System Tools>ATI Catalyst Control Center - In either one you can set your screen resolution.
    Ubuntu testing release

Ubuntu User # 15479
    Linux User # 448500

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yes Vaphell my resolution is currently set at 800x600. I have an nVIDIA Geforce 6100 graphics card. Iam not sure if the drivers are properly installed though. How can i check to make sure the drivers are installed?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Jimmyfj i did exactly what you said to do and ended up with a black screen lol. ubuntu doesnt load.. i installed the recommended driver and all but i guess it just doesnt work.. can it be a that my graphics card is not compatible? BTW should i reinstall ubuntu or is there a way to fix the black screen?
    Last edited by bigswagg; April 23rd, 2009 at 09:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast