Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Popup Notifications in 9.04

Beans

Re: Popup Notifications in 9.04

I want to disable them too, especially for pidgin incoming messages. How do I do it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

The notifications are a plugin in pidgin. You can turn them off if you want. I think the plugin is called Libnotify or something like that. Just go in there and you can select things that you want to get a notification about. It's not amazingly customizable, but it's not terrible either, especially since it is easy to turn off.

Beans

For I long time I have had a problem with my charger for laptop. It works few seconds (chareges), the stops (and the computer will say, that it's on battery power). After few seconds it charges again (on AC power).

So the problem is, if the power manager is turned on, it will show me a notification in every 2 seconds. It makes impossible to work with system.

At the moment I disabled the power manager, but I would like to be able to see, how much battery I have left, so it would be better, if I could change the settings for notifications. e.g what to show and what not.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by docjones2 View Post
    How do I disable this feature? It is particularly annoying (and compromising to my privacy) when I have pidgin running and every single message I receive is displayed as a popup notification. Pidgin does not offer any GUI options for disabling popup notifications, but this is besides the point, since I just want them to stop completely.

Any good advice?
    Judging by my experience, it would seem that if you want to disable the new notifications you simply need to remove the notify-osd package. For some reason I didn't get the package by default on upgrade and still had notification-daemon so I was still seeing the old notifications. I have some opposite results on my end tho, as pidgin doesn't show ANY notifications via the ubuntu notify. LOL.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Eemeez View Post
    For I long time I have had a problem with my charger for laptop. It works few seconds (chareges), the stops (and the computer will say, that it's on battery power). After few seconds it charges again (on AC power).

So the problem is, if the power manager is turned on, it will show me a notification in every 2 seconds. It makes impossible to work with system.

At the moment I disabled the power manager, but I would like to be able to see, how much battery I have left, so it would be better, if I could change the settings for notifications. e.g what to show and what not.
    How about using Conky to display remaining battery? =)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Judgegeo View Post
    How about using Conky to display remaining battery? =)
    Thanks. I think I will add it to Conky.

Beans

Thanks. I think I will add it to Conky.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...postcount=6557

Nice little script for battery =).

Beans

Can somebody suggest, how can I get rid of the power manager. I removed it from startup menu, but it comes back in certain times. For example, if I hit the VLC to full screen, again the power manager is on, and the notifications start to blink.

Beans

I don't mind the notification ... as long as they're at the bottom right corner of the screen.

Right now it's at the top right of the screen. I tried using System > Preference > Pop-Up Notification to change the position to bottom right, and it turns out that it's already set to Bottom Right. Changing the position to any of the other corners don't seem to do anything, based on the Preview. Am I missing something here? Why isn't it changing position?

I don't seem to be able to see "Pop-Up Notification" in my system preferences menu, and there is no option to show it in when using "Edit Menu".

How do I make this visible?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast