Thread: issue with genius eye 110

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

issue with genius eye 110

hello, I appreciate your help in advance. I am user of ubuntu 8.04 and have a webcam genius eye 110, the problem is I have not been able to use either in amsn or emesene, amsn at a time to test or configure it, it works, and so on, but when I try to use it no luck, I use firestarter for firewall and I have the amsn port for file transfers and webcam in the permitted but still no luck when I check the port said I'm behind a firewall which is true, but having added the port as an exception it should work I think it might be a connectivity problem, even when I try to see another person does not work either. and had understood that emesene dont do well with webcams, but I dont know if its true ... hope you can help me..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: issue with genius eye 110

Your firewall shouldn't have anything to do with your problem, if the firewall is blocking the port that amsn or emesene you wouldn't be able to comunicate with anythig. It is a configuration problem with either of the programs you are using. I don't use either, but it isn't a firewall problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: issue with genius eye 110

so do you think it could be a problem with the cam itself or with the configuration? because as I told you I cant see other people either, btw sorry if my english is not 100% correct