Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laptop multimedia keys "Kubuntu" Jaunty (9.04)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Laptop multimedia keys "Kubuntu" Jaunty (9.04)

Kubuntu 9.04 works with Volume Up/Down and Mute. I have not tested the rest. Running on a Dell XPS M1210.

Amarok sometimes has to be configured against the default KDE Global or Program hotkeys. For instance my HP Pavillion Dv9600 has a lot of multimedia keys and so far I've only gotten the volume to work globally. Play/Pause only works when Amarok is my active window. (Running Arch w/ KDEmod on my HP laptop)

My previous dell laptop (Inspiron). The keys would work globally but Pause would restart the song from the beginning.
    Happy geeks are effective geeks!
    AMD Athlon II X2 250 (3.0ghz), Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P, 3GB Crucial DDR3-1066Mhz RAM, XFX ATI RadeonHD 5750 1GB GDDR5

Beans

I did some testing, and it was amarok2 after all. The amarok 1.4 shortcuts were overwritten. As somebody wrote earlier in this thread, the volume keys are configured for kmix, and for some reason amarok2 does not use kmix. I am still looking for a way to get them to play together.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by snova View Post
    System Settings -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Global Keyboard Shortcuts

KDE Component: Kmix

The keys were bound to generic actions, "Decrease Volume", etc. I moved each of them to the one with "Master" in them.
    Hi.

This worked fine for me, BUT now there's no graphic display of the volume percentage when turning volume up or down... does anyone knows how to fix that??

Cheers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by SLA_leandrin View Post
    Hi.

This worked fine for me, BUT now there's no graphic display of the volume percentage when turning volume up or down... does anyone knows how to fix that??

Cheers.
    ditto for me. I had a graphical display but no mute functionality when the keys were linked to the PCM volume, when linked to the master everything seems happier and mute works, but no display.

I seem to have fixed this for me. It should work for everyone. Right-click the Kmix icon on the panel, click "Select Master Channel..." and set "Master" instead of "PCM" as the master channel. Then go into "Keyboard Shortcuts," and set the hotkeys not the simple "increase volume" "decrease volume" and "mute", not the ones with "Master" in the title. Having the simple settings brings the graphical volume display back, and having "Master" as the Master Channel makes it so that the shortcuts apply to master.
    Last edited by nikolardo; May 24th, 2009 at 06:42 PM. Reason: FIXED!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Hoary 5.04

Quote Originally Posted by nikolardo View Post
    ditto for me. I had a graphical display but no mute functionality when the keys were linked to the PCM volume, when linked to the master everything seems happier and mute works, but no display.

I seem to have fixed this for me. It should work for everyone. Right-click the Kmix icon on the panel, click "Select Master Channel..." and set "Master" instead of "PCM" as the master channel. Then go into "Keyboard Shortcuts," and set the hotkeys not the simple "increase volume" "decrease volume" and "mute", not the ones with "Master" in the title. Having the simple settings brings the graphical volume display back, and having "Master" as the Master Channel makes it so that the shortcuts apply to master.
    Ah, that is the correct solution thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12