Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Installing Neverwinter Nights Platinum

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: HOWTO: Installing Neverwinter Nights Platinum

i have tried teh whole 'remove ./lib idead, but i still can run it. it executes the program, then crashes immediately. o.O

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

I followed the given directions and experienced no problems, but, when I try to run NWN, nothing happens... it just sits there
    Last edited by Kymus; May 12th, 2008 at 11:47 PM.

Beans

Hey guys, NWN launches without a problem for me, however I can't get a movie thing to work...THis is what I get after typing './nwmovies_install.pl /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0' :

NOTICE: NWMovies: Executing: gcc -m32 -I/emul/ia32-linux/usr/include -L/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib -L/emul/ia32-linux/lib -L/lib32 -L/usr/lib32 -Wall -Inwmovies/libdis -g -fPIC -shared -Wl,-soname,libdisasm.so nwmovies/libdis/libdis.c nwmovies/libdis/i386.c -o nwmovies/libdis/libdisasm.so
    NOTICE: NWMovies: Executing: gcc -m32 -I/emul/ia32-linux/usr/include -L/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib -L/emul/ia32-linux/lib -L/lib32 -L/usr/lib32 -Wall -shared -g -Wl,-soname,binklib.so nwmovies/binklib.c -o nwmovies/binklib.so /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0 -ldl -lelf -lm
    /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    NOTICE: NWMovies: Executing: gcc -m32 -I/emul/ia32-linux/usr/include -L/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib -L/emul/ia32-linux/lib -L/lib32 -L/usr/lib32 -Wall -shared -g -DSDLLIB=\"/usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0\" -I/usr/include/libelf -Inwmovies/libdis -o nwmovies/nwmovies.so nwmovies/nwmovies.c nwmovies/nwmovies_lookup.c nwmovies/nwmovies_cookie.c nwmovies/nwmovies_crumb.c nwmovies/nwmovies_link.S /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0 -ldl -lelf
    /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    NOTICE: NWMovies: Please check for errors above
    NOTICE: NWMovies: nwmovies executable built. Please modify your nwn startup command to
    NOTICE: NWMovies: set LD_PRELOAD to 'nwmovies.so', before executing nwmain.

I use 64bit, though it might be a problem, since nwmovies manual says to install "appropriate packages" if I use 64bit, but it didn't specify which...
    Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro

how did u manage to get it working/runing?

edit: could u also post ur startup script

Beans

Unpacked it all, launched "fixinstall" and edited a script as instructed here. Actually, the script works either way: by deleting "./lib" or by addind a custom line of resources location.

Beans
    Distro

here:
    u need these files...

belfg0
    libelfg0_dev
    libsdl1.2_debian
    libsdl1.2_dev
    libsdl-mixer1.2
    libsdl-gfx1.2-4
    libsdl-gfx1.2-dev
    libsdl1.2debian-all --not needed...maybe...

after searching a lot i found that info, though i havent been able to get the game to run yet, so.. good luck

also, dont forget this, afterwards...
    export SDL_AUDIODRIVER=alsa, esd, or whatever u use.
    for me it was '=alsa'.

hope my synthax makes sence

also, try the new nwnmovies4 patch:http://home.woh.rr.com/nwmovies/nwmo...2.v4rc1.tar.gz

or look here:http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewto...&forum=72&sp=0

gluck

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hey, using this thread I was able to get the Diamond Edition installed minus the Premium content. I get stuck on the KingmakerSetup.exe part though. Everytime I try to run that symlink he has me create it runs and then I get a popup message about not being able to find the game, etc. Anyone know the fix for this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hey all. Have a rather annoying issue here. Had this working on gusty and then did a clean installation of hardy and now I can't install NWN.

The problem araises when I try to copy ANY file from the cd. It throws me errors like :

Code:
    bardic@ubuntu:~/Games/nwn$ unzip /media/cdrom_/Data_linux.zip
    Archive:  /media/cdrom_/Data_linux.zip
      End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
      a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
      latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
      the last disk(s) of this archive.
    note:  /media/cdrom_/Data_linux.zip may be a plain executable, not an archive
    unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of /media/cdrom_/Data_linux.zip or
            /media/cdrom_/Data_linux.zip.zip, and cannot find /media/cdrom_/Data_linux.zip.ZIP, period.
    or

Code:
    bardic@ubuntu:~/Games/nwn$ unzip -o /media/cdrom_/data/XP1.zip
    Archive:  /media/cdrom_/data/XP1.zip
    file #1:  bad zipfile offset (lseek):  0
    file #2:  bad zipfile offset (local header sig):  38
      inflating: ambient/al_mg_x0rui2.wav  error:  zipfile read error
    Any idea's why this is happening? I'd love to play NWN again.

Beans

First of all, excellent guide! I was able to install NWN with ease. Now, the main problem I am having is the fonts are not visible. I installed the ms core fonts and restarted, ran the script and I get the main screen with all of the buttons but no text inside?
    Also, when I was entering the cd keys it only took me as far as the SOU key and never asked me for the hordes key. Finally, I did not download any patches as I was hoping to use the auto updater but this was a mistake I think. Any suggestions as to how I can update to the 1.68 patch now after the install?
    Sorry for all of the questions, I am really enjoying Kubuntu and if I can get this to work it may be the end of having to have a dual boot machine!

Thanks

Skifreak

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hiya
    Firstly, thanks for the guide, it helped me a lot.

After some problems here and there I finally managed to install the game, the diamond edition that is.

I continued to follow the guide, created a desktop icon, installed the movie thing and than made the necessary adjustements.

When I tried to run the game it starst, as in my screen goes black and then I just go back to desktop, nothing crashes/gets stuck, no error warnings or so, just, black screen and than back...

Hope someone can help me fix this, really love to get this up and running again

Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast