Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Installing Neverwinter Nights Platinum

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

Re: HOWTO: Installing Neverwinter Nights Platinum

What does the deluxe edition come with?

Leech
    Wah! Wah! Life was more entertaining when I had 64KB of RAM in my computer.
    Neverwinter Nights Platinum HowTo

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

Edit: Double Post.

Leech
    Last edited by leech; September 7th, 2006 at 07:04 AM.

Beans

it comes with nvn, hordes of the underdark, shadows of the undrentide.

See thing is I ve got installed on unbuntu by using the 1 gig resources file on the bioware site. I followed the instructions on installing it and it worked fine. (and patched up to latest versions)

I just haven't got a clue how to get the videos working, so was thinking of trying your method.

thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I ran through the How-to and NWN successfully brought me to the screen to enter my serial, however there was no text at all. I checked and I have msttcorefonts installed, AND I told the script to install to ~/Games/nwn. I, of course, have full access to everything in there.

So I renamed ~/Games/nwn to ~/Games/nwn_old and ran through the How-to again (this time with . Now, no matter where I try to run the nwn script from (new folder, old folder, launcher on desktop or in menu) nothing happens at all.

If I go into Terminal and cd to either the nwn_old or nwn folder and run the nwn script I get this message:

Code:
    mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
    Creating link /home/geoff/.kde/socket-ubuntu64.
    can't create mcop directory
    So my question is... what did I do and how can I fix it?

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

I think the mcop error is something from KDE, not sure if you run that or not, or quite possibly you have a KDE daemon running somewhere. Shouldn't be really relevant though to Neverwinter Nights.

The installer that is attached in the How To should set your permissions properly for the fonts, etc. I do know that the issue of the fonts not showing up is a permissions issue.

For now, try to run 'chmod 755 -R ~/Games/nwn' and make sure the nwn script itself points to the right directory.

Leech

Beans
    Hidden!

I recently reinstalled Dapper and had to reinstall NWN Platinum as result. I noticed that after configuring the game to play the movies, it runs very slow. Prior to installing the movies patch, the game ran full speed at 1280x1024, but when I run it with the movies enabled, the mouse lags on the menu screen with everything either turned off or set to run at the lowest settings. Is there a way I can remove the movies without having to reinstall NWN? My system runs Dapper 32 on an AMD Athlon 64 2.2 Ghz, 2 GB DDR RAM, and the video card is an XFX GeForce 6800XT 512 MB AGP (with latest drivers through envy).

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Well, downloaded all the patches, etc. looked over the script, setup directories, and ran the shell ... pretty purple messages says:
    Cannot read "/media/cdrom0/disk2.zip" ... well, wazzup? I checked that the path was correct, it was. so ... ls -l /mount/cdrom0 gives me ... disk2.bzf ... BZF? ? WTM$ crap is this??? so ... after googling and finding some obscure reference to it beinga texture and info file ... nothing on the bioware forums ... nothing here. Is my set of disks the ONLY one ever made with this silliness? So ... is there any way to get the .bzf file to behave? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Angry Re: HOWTO: Installing Neverwinter Nights Platinum

Well, downloaded all the patches, etc. looked over the script, setup directories, and ran the shell ... pretty purple messages says:
    Cannot read "/media/cdrom0/disk2.zip" ... well, wazzup? I checked that the path was correct, it was. so ... ls -l /mount/cdrom0 gives me ... disk2.bzf ... BZF? ? WTM$ is this??? so ... after googling and finding some obscure reference to it being a texture and info file ... I find a solution ... biounzip!
    ... but biounzip segfaults before it can do anythinguseful! The make output was full of incompatible implicit declaration of built in function 'exit' errors So ... is there any way to get the .bzf file to behave? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Well I just put everything down from CD to harddrive. Easy solution.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

Quote Originally Posted by beeldings View Post
    I recently reinstalled Dapper and had to reinstall NWN Platinum as result. I noticed that after configuring the game to play the movies, it runs very slow. Prior to installing the movies patch, the game ran full speed at 1280x1024, but when I run it with the movies enabled, the mouse lags on the menu screen with everything either turned off or set to run at the lowest settings. Is there a way I can remove the movies without having to reinstall NWN? My system runs Dapper 32 on an AMD Athlon 64 2.2 Ghz, 2 GB DDR RAM, and the video card is an XFX GeForce 6800XT 512 MB AGP (with latest drivers through envy).
    That's quite odd, I have a 6800GT and don't suffer that problem. At least that I can recall, I haven't played it in a while though.

It's easy enough to disable movies without uninstalling. Simply put a # in front of the line for exporting the nwmovies.so in your nwn start up script.

Leech

Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast