Thread: Bluetooth and the Logitech DiNovo Mini

Beans

Bluetooth and the Logitech DiNovo Mini

Hello,
    I'm fairly new to linux in general, but promise that I've been doing my homework. I put together a new pc for the entertainment center and dropped Ubuntu on there to experiment and try and avoid buying another program. It's completely brilliant and I absolutely love it. That aside, I'm having a functionality issue:

I have a Logitech DiNovo Mini. It's a great little keyboard. I searched around here a good bit and found people solving the connection issues by using bluetooth, so that's what I've set out to do. And it worked! Once. Only. It connected fine and I had complete functionality with a satisfying degree of control even! Then I had to restart the computer for some updates (an icon at the top right said a restart is required...) and after that, everytime I try to connect the Mini to Ubuntu via bluetooth it says "connection failed."

What am I doing wrong, and why did it work once but not afterwards?

Beans

Re: Bluetooth and the Logitech DiNovo Mini

Well to update this for whoever might take an interest later, I have everything working just fine.

The solution turned out to be using the included dongle rather than trying to use bluetooth. I couldn't make Ubuntu find and connect to the keyboard, so I thought I would just find out how the keyboard worked with the dongle it came with even though everyone said the touchpad didn't work right. Well it worked perfectly fine, no drivers needed or changes to anything. Even the little proprietary buttons on the top line work fine, setting Ubuntu to sleep if I want, or opening rhythmbox etc.

Now if I could just get my sound card working again...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Bluetooth and the Logitech DiNovo Mini

Just so you know, I was paying attention. And this was very helpful. I think I will by the keyboard.