Thread: networking problem?

Beans

networking problem?

i recently successfully setup a samba server using 8.04. i can mount/access the samba share from window xp, however the connection to the server keep disconnecting i even tried connect using putty and it return msg connection refused. i tried restart samba and it can connect again. then after a while it cannot connect again. wat is the cause for this is it the network that causing this?

Beans

Re: networking problem?

if the server sais connection refused it means you dont have ssh installed on the server. Try to ping the server for a while and also from the server and see if you already lose packets there.

edit:
    did you try using another switch ? another port on the switch? (if you have one that is )

Beans

i have already installed ssh on the server. i can log in using putty. what i mean is the connection to the server disconnected some time causing samba and putty unable to connect into the server

Beans

any1 have the same problem?

Beans

what about the switch, have you tried switching it or use another port?

Beans

i have tried another port that is running greatly..and still encounter the same problem, i tried to continuous ping the server from the xp side and whenever the ttl=127 then the connection fail, normally if the ttl=64 then the connection is ok.

Reply from 192.168.0.20: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=127