Page 50 of 134 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Hi all,

Even after following the steps given in #1. I am not able to enable the desktop effects in my system. can anyone please help me on this!!!!

If i choose "normal" in my desktop effect my system refreshes and freezes with the background image after that i have to hard reboot my system to see the desktop effect is reverted back to "no effects". Any help on this???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I argued/complained a lot about Canonical's policy, but I realized lately that (imo) the more 'user-friendly' major distro required a full stable environment for its purpose.

I have tested a large amount of stuff, and here you are my two cents after all my time spent and 0€/$ gained:

If you are not satisfied with combo Intel GMA+Ubuntu due to potential issues or something else (but similar), I'd recommend to try FEDORA 11 [to be release SOON], the bleeding-edge distro for who desires best experience with Intel GPU (just few clicks with your mouse/touchpad and it'll work BETTER than any other OS - note: by default only and regarding mere performances/FPS, not else).

Did you noticed that X-Swat released a 2.7.1 stable driver ?!?

Plus:
    Code:
    Xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.7.99.1 drivers do not have EXA/XAA/XvMC support any longer!

so I assume 2.8.0 would support UXA/DRI2 only (they will be shipped with Karmic !?) and become the 1st stable release supporting that

edit:
    woah, what is this ???? http://www.tungstengraphics.com/wiki....php/Gallium3D
    It should be the main feature in Mesa 7.5 (currently in 7.5-RC2, last stable: 7.4.2 -released both on 15th May)

I wonder if it'll affect UXA/DRI2 or it'll be an "alternative driver", dunno
    Last edited by densou; May 17th, 2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: MESA 7.5
    My favourite userbars: #1, #2, #3, #4
    Help me, pls!!!! Click here.

Beans
    Distro

Unhappy Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Hi every one let me tell u my story with intel X3100 ,
    I installed ubuntu 9.04 with ex4 and as u know I found my intel black listed so I moved it from the black list and I force compiz to run but unfortunately the visual effects was slow in confront with ubuntu 8.10 after this I found this solution I did the optimal one but unfortunately I was having continuous freezing of the desktop I wasn't even able to revert the situation so I googled and I found that ex4 itsnt ready for use so i decided to reinstall 9.04 with ex3 and apply the optimal solution of this thread and wowwww the 2d is very goog but again the 3d operations are really bad .
    I am just writing because I want to see ubuntu os the most perfect os and I am really sad because until now there isn't any official solution that ca be done with normal update bye every one and i hope that my story was useful

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by psyke83 View Post
    You may not realize, but you're bordering within the territory of trolling. These issues have been identified in the official release notes for Jaunty; bugs are filed, and fixes will come.
    Well, the point was really that numerous beta and alpha testers found the problem, and it was released with them anyway.
    A perfectly reasonable, indeed safer, solution existed (keep the whole X stack as it was and ship the updates (with 9.10 ?) when Intel had finished their changes) after all.
    Last edited by tomchiverton; May 17th, 2009 at 08:50 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by arun_3t View Post
    Even after following the steps given in #1. I am not able to enable the desktop effects in my system. can anyone please help me on this!!!!

If i choose "normal" in my desktop effect my system refreshes and freezes with the background image after that i have to hard reboot my system to see the desktop effect is reverted back to "no effects". Any help on this???
    From a terminal run the following command:

Code:
    lspci | grep VGA
    Then come back with your results. If it reports 82865G, then you might consider installing Intel 2.4 driver

Beans
    Distro

it works. I chose the "safe" one and it's enough fix for me. As long as my flash goes smoothly on fullscreen. thx

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
    Well, the point was really that numerous beta and alpha testers found the problem, and it was released with them anyway.
    A perfectly reasonable, indeed safer, solution existed (keep the whole X stack as it was and ship the updates (with 9.10 ?) when Intel had finished their changes) after all.
    With G31/33/45 the included xorg with uxa enabled works out fine and therefore if they would have kept the older xstack, people using these chips wouldn't have got the benefit of the newer uxa+gem features.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
    That option is not compatible with Ubuntu's SRU policy. Besides, why should all users suffer with the older Xorg server and drivers when it is only a subset of Intel graphics users with any real issues?

If you hate Jaunty's Intel driver so much, stick with Hardy or Intrepid.

Beans
    Distro

The instuctions for the kernel of bleeding edge has a wrong architecture

Edit:
    I meant, for the 64bit
    MacBook Air 3,1 128gb | Fujitsu Esprimo U9200 | Google Nexus One

Pinoy ka ba? | Google Profile | Twitter: @AllanCaeg| Identi.ca: allancaeg

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by dicairo View Post
    Hi every one let me tell u my story with intel X3100 ,
    I installed ubuntu 9.04 with ex4 and as u know I found my intel black listed so I moved it from the black list and I force compiz to run but unfortunately the visual effects was slow in confront with ubuntu 8.10 after this I found this solution I did the optimal one but unfortunately I was having continuous freezing of the desktop I wasn't even able to revert the situation so I googled and I found that ex4 itsnt ready for use so i decided to reinstall 9.04 with ex3 and apply the optimal solution of this thread and wowwww the 2d is very goog but again the 3d operations are really bad .
    I am just writing because I want to see ubuntu os the most perfect os and I am really sad because until now there isn't any official solution that ca be done with normal update bye every one and i hope that my story was useful

Did you try enabling uxa in xorg?

Page 50 of 134 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast