Page 100 of 134 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1334

Thread: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Orographic View Post
    So, if someone has used say the Safe Config setup here, do we need to do anything in preparation for this? I have a Clonezilla image though, without any changes from this thread, that I can use is needs be.
    You'll be fine. If you followed the Safe configuration, you're already using UXA (see the AccelMethod line from the guide).

The only difference with the 2.8.0 driver is that EXA/DRI1 support has been deprecated, which means that UXA/DRI2 is now the only choice.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Thanks psyke83. I thought as much but just wanted to check. I'll go back and re-read things. The Safe Config has been great for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Thank you very much! The optimal configuration works like a charm on my Vaio VGN T2-XP with an 855GM.

Beans

I have tried the suggestions on an MSI X320, sadly they do not offer a vast improvement. The MSI X320 is loaded with an Atom Z530 processor and a GMA500 graphics card. The result was as follows:

Resolution: 1024x768 ( should be 1366x768 )
    2D: Slow
    3D (Compiz): not available

instead I will keep using the Poulsbo driver offerd by the Ubuntu Mobile PPA: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-mobile/+archive/ppa/

(xserver-xorg-video-psb and psb-kernel-source)

Sadly the Poulsbo 2d driver results in a slow system and the 3d and glx drivers reduce speed even more. The MSI X320 seems to be left with a slow 2d driver under Ubuntu. Windows (Vista) on the other hand feels snappy and is much faster.

Hopefully the Linux driver guru's will help us out in the near future! Linux Rocks and I am a very happy and proud Ubuntu user, I would be very happy if the MSI X320 would get full driver support!
    Last edited by Metoshade; July 26th, 2009 at 09:46 PM. Reason: typo's...

Beans

Thanks pskyke for the how-to. The Optimal configuration worked well
    on a Vaio NR11Z/S and on a EeePC 1008HA.

The good news is that I've tested Karmic alpha 3 on both machines and
    the graphics performance is even better. Actually, Karmic Alpha 3 on both these machines was increadibly responsive, running from a USB stick.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Just for everyone's information, psyke83's especially of course, the 2.6.30 kernel has been updated to 2.6.30.3, but there aren't a lot of changes, as you can see here:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kern...geLog-2.6.30.3

I'm not sure whether it's actually worth updating the howto for, but then again I don't compile much so your experiences may vary.

Treris
    Life is what happens while you're making other plans....
    Desktop: AMD Athlon II x4 635, 4GB, GT240, 1TB
    Laptop: Dell XPS M1330, T5250, 2GB, x3100, 80 GB SSD, 4965AGN

Beans

there was a bug with intel graphics about leaking memory.
    was that bug fixed. cause after few days my swap becomes 1 Gb and system becomse slow

Beans

Here are my results:
    Code:
    uname -r
    2.6.30-02063002-generic
    Code:
    lspci -v
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
    	Subsystem: Acer Incorporated [ALI] Device 011d
    	Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 28
    	Memory at f0000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
    	Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
    	I/O ports at 1800 [size=8]
    	Capabilities: [90] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit- Queue=0/0
    I am running the rc2 kernel and the bleeding edge drivers
    I'm getting 25-30fps in tux-racer, 20-40 fps in Nexuiz(640x480 low graphics)
    I can run Glest with no lag, 2D is great in Chromium, all compiz/Beryl desktop effects work fine. The system is overall much faster, including loading videos/music,
    I get 5fps more by not running the fixmtrr.sh script.

By using the safe/optimal config, I got 8-12fps in tux and 10-20fps in Nexuix.

Before, with the standard kernel and drivers I got 3-5fps in tux and 3-15fps in Nexuiz.

I now get the following errors in dmesg:
    Code:
    [    0.000000] ACPI: BIOS bug: multiple APIC/MADT found, using 0
    [    0.000000] ACPI: If "acpi_apic_instance=2" works better, notify linux-acpi@vger.kernel.org
    [    0.004000] SELinux:  Disabled at boot.
    [    1.592685] ACPI Error (psargs-0359): [CDW1] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND
    [    1.596286] ACPI Error (psparse-0537): Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0._OSC] (Node f7012270), AE_NOT_FOUND
    Basically Apparmor is disabled and the system randomly freezes once/day. All devices are working at boot-up, I don't use ndsiwrapper for wireless, and the mouse works fine when the system freezes but clicking on things has no effect and I must reboot.
    Education is what remains after we forget everything we learned in school.

Beans

Hi all,

I've been following the instructions for the Safe Configuration, and I'm stuck on the last set of instructions.

After running the line (from the last part of section B):
    $ sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com AF1CDFA9

I get the error:

Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /etc/apt/secring.gpg --trustdb-name /etc/apt/trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com AF1CDFA9
    gpg: requesting key AF1CDFA9 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
    gpg: keyserver timed out
    gpg: keyserver receive failed: keyserver error

Am I doing anything wrong? Apologies if it has already been mentioned, I did have a quick look through this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi, I have a question about Intel GMA performance. Currently I'm running x64 Jaunty on a Intel DG45FC (with GMA X4500HD) with E5300 dual core processor. The system is intended as a HTPC (mainly running Boxee) but I have a bit of a problem with the "almost-non-existing" Intel drivers. Which of the config specs wrote in the first post of this thread do you recommend for clear 720 and 1080p playback? (at the moment with the latest xorg-intel drivers I have a strange playback which at some points lags on the screen and it's obviously frustrating. Besides that, I don't want Windows on my HTPC.

Thanks

Page 100 of 134 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast