Page 98 of 134 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

I know but it was the only workaround that stopped my computer crashing, on login.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I have an Eee pc 900, and the graphics were terrible, but doing the bleeding edge configuration has improved a little, but installing the .31 rc3 kernel has seriously improved my preformance (but everything comes with a catch, my webcam doesnt work) but i bet a later release would fix that

here is the URL:

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

go to the bottom one (2.6.31-rc3)

install image first (22 MB), then the headers (9.1 MB)

I love you so hard!

I did the basic mod on my HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop and it worked perfectly after a reboot.

THANK YOU.

Call me sometime, I'll make ya cookies

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

A few days ago the "low graphics mode" problem began and I fix the problem enabling the "backports" and "proposed updates" but today when I started the system this problem returned.

I Followed this guide carefully, I tried with different settings but it does not work.

Ubuntu is running in low graphics mode with my asrock motherboard with 945 Intel video card.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by svelter View Post
    Thanks, Orographic. I understand, but am very stubborn and like to think i understand things. Anyhoo, my issue turned out to be unrelated to this specific issue. During an update the other night, I downloaded a suggested driver that I feel may have been at fault. I did a fresh side-by-side install yesterday so I could rescue my files, and my new install is working perfectly. No glitches, no strange visual funk, and it's the exact same kernel. Quite intriguing.

Thanks again.
    Glad you resolved it. Yeah, I like to work things out too and am quite determined but I try to remind myself to read a thread in its entirety where possible. At least the first page under its revision needs to be read anyway.

Beans

Hi,
    Thought I will mention the following, I'm using an HP G7000 which has the 945 Chipset and I installed Ubuntu 64 Ultimate Edition.
    I had a problem with OpenGL and Compiz, especially GoogleEarth, what with flickering white and the usual bit and after setting up the suggested Safe Option ('cause I don't need better Bleeding edge and all that, afraid of other driver issues popping up again), Google Earth is working perfectly.

So the verdict, this solved OpenGL and Compiz issues for me, so thank you to the Author

Beans

Hello psyke83,

I just wanted to say thank you and that this post helped me out with my thinkpad t500. I had no problems installing.

Regards,

Beans

Works great on my Lenovo X200, too, using kernel 2.6.31 from Karmic with Jaunty, Xorg/Mesa/Intel drivers from Xorg-edgers PPA.
    Last issue remaining seems to be occasionally missing window decorations after suspend/resume...
    Ubuntu Lucid Lynx @ 10,4" Travelmate C110 TabletPC, 1Ghz, 1.5GB RAM, no fan
    Ubuntu Lucid Lynx @ Samsung NC10, Touchscreen

Beans

Question Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

My intel onboard video card dont works with Ubuntu 9.04 32 bits. Video players close itself. I have reverted to 2.4 driver version but the cpu usage is very high (22% with no application opened and 100% when i watch some video). I already attempt "optimal' and "safe" optins from this article but the X server dont starts after the steps. Can anybody help me? Thanks.
    This is my video card
    Code:
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
    EDIT:
    "sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xorg-xserver" command dont works here. Why?
    Last edited by glaubersm; July 22nd, 2009 at 10:34 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

First off I want to give big thanks to psyke for this excellent howto!!

I do want to point out though that there have been two point updates to the stable 2.6.30 kernel. It might be good to update the howto to the new 2.6.30.2 kernel packages. I have already downloaded and installed them to my laptop and they work a treat.

Honestly couldn't tell you whether they're quicker or whether they contain any further graphics improvements, but since they're bug fix releases it shouldn't hurt to update, right?

Treris
    Life is what happens while you're making other plans....
    Desktop: AMD Athlon II x4 635, 4GB, GT240, 1TB
    Laptop: Dell XPS M1330, T5250, 2GB, x3100, 80 GB SSD, 4965AGN

Page 98 of 134 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast