Page 94 of 134 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Blender for me still isn't working perfectly, now menus will not render properly

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by gaminggeek View Post
    Blender for me still isn't working perfectly, now menus will not render properly
    You can get Blender to display its UI correctly by downloading statically linked Blender 2.48a from blender.org. You also need to install Python 2.5 from Ubuntu's package manager.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Wow, looks like the bleeding-edge method gave me some tear-free windows, but compiz is still slow! But metacity works like in intrepid, even the compositing metacity works smoother than compiz. is there something wrong with compiz?
    Hi

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    You can get Blender to display its UI correctly by downloading statically linked Blender 2.48a from blender.org. You also need to install Python 2.5 from Ubuntu's package manager.
    I am aware of this how ever that version is using software acelleration and is quite slow on more complex scenes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Richard9795 View Post
    Wow, looks like the bleeding-edge method gave me some tear-free windows, but compiz is still slow! But metacity works like in intrepid, even the compositing metacity works smoother than compiz. is there something wrong with compiz?
    Your performance may be worse because DRI2 supports vertical synchronization in compiz (whereas DRI1 didn't). You can disable vsync by setting "SwapbuffersWait" to false. See "man intel" for more details.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by psyke83 View Post
    Your performance may be worse because DRI2 supports vertical synchronization in compiz (whereas DRI1 didn't). You can disable vsync by setting "SwapbuffersWait" to false. See "man intel" for more details.
    I did set it to false, but preformance was about the same, except there was tearing when i moved the window. I might want to try out all the possible options "man intel" gies me to see what happens.

Beans

I just made the switch from a desktop Debian 5 machine to a new Jaunty laptop, but the really really crappy graphics performance almost made me switch back! I've just done the "Safe" routine, and things are already considerably improved.

Thanks a bunch!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by noobaholic View Post
    OK, so I followed the rest of the instructions. My machine boots to an error message:

"Ubuntu is running in low-graphics mode

(EE) intel(0) Cannot support DRI with framebuffer width > 2048."

Then I get a few more error messages and my video out no longer works (using a macbook with a DVI piping video to an external monitor).

EDIT:

Seems to be related to this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...el/+bug/146859

EDIT:

So I toned down my virtual display to 1900x1280 to workaround the DRI bug and... wow, my machine is really fubared... Now it seems if I boot at all with my external monitor attached, the OS locks up as soon as X starts.
    I also get the "(EE) intel(0) Cannot support DRI with framebuffer width > 2048." message with a dual-head environment

I am then asked if I want to reconfigure the settings or use low-graphics mode.

What is the recommended strategy for dealing with a virtual display width that exceeds 2048?

(I can stack the displays on top of each other, but usability is awkward.)

BTW, lshw shows: product: Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller

Thanks,
    Jamie

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Jackson View Post
    I also get the "(EE) intel(0) Cannot support DRI with framebuffer width > 2048." message with a dual-head environment

I am then asked if I want to reconfigure the settings or use low-graphics mode.

What is the recommended strategy for dealing with a virtual display width that exceeds 2048?

(I can stack the displays on top of each other, but usability is awkward.)

BTW, lshw shows: product: Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller

Thanks,
    Jamie
    I'm not sure what's optimal for your case. As far as I'm aware, the UXA acceleration architecture has a working limit of 2048x2048 (and I'm not sure exactly why this is the case). I'm not using a multiple monitor configuration here, so I can't do much testing.

Beans

Hello,

thank you for the perfect guide! I have followed the "Bleeding-edge" step and I have no problems 'till yesterday. I have upgraded my system and now my screen is not detected properly and I'm login in gnome with "safe mode" configuration.

Is there any fix about this?

P.P. my graphic card:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

Page 94 of 134 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast