Page 55 of 134 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

A good way to benchmark is to run Google Earth, if it runs smoothly then you are all set.

Beans

Turns out UXA is much slower than EXA greedy with all xorg/driver/kernel setups on my eee pc 1002HA (945gm chipset).

Odd huh? It's also a bit more glitchy with transparency in compiz.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi again!
    I'm using MSI S262 notebook. My best configuration is rc5 kernel with latest Bleeding-Edge drivers (yes - rc6 worked slower and i got rid of it ). Also I turned off greedy MigrationHeuristic. Rest of options are according to this HOW-TO.
    Result - performance is almost the same as in Hardy Though I might be not absolutely correct. I didn't benchmark it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by cyper View Post
    Hi again!
    I'm using MSI S262 notebook. My best configuration is rc5 kernel with latest Bleeding-Edge drivers (yes - rc6 worked slower and i got rid of it ). Also I turned off greedy MigrationHeuristic. Rest of options are according to this HOW-TO.
    Result - performance is almost the same as in Hardy Though I might be not absolutely correct. I didn't benchmark it.
    I have the exact same laptop. I'm using the "optimal" solution. The main problem has been super slow cursor with the x-swat synaptics version, so I'm holding back on the default synaptics version.
    Is there anything I should know about our laptops before I decide to switch to the bleeding edge solution? Do you have any problems at all? Suspend and hibernate works?
    || My blog ||

Beans

Following these steps caused my touchpad to freeze and stutter, basically making it unusable. I had to revert back.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKelly999 View Post
    Following these steps caused my touchpad to freeze and stutter, basically making it unusable. I had to revert back.
    Mine too, but I solved it by holding back xserver-xorg-input-synaptics to version 0.99.3-2ubuntu4

- K
    || My blog ||

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Pat on the back for you sir, looking forward to trying this out!

Beans

Great guide, increased my graphics performance significantly. I'm curious though, has anyone been getting occasional corrupt characters on screen? After my laptop has been running a while, I sometimes get a random character corruption, say the Vs in Firefox turn into something that looks like jagged Ws. Disappears after I restart X and seems to happen randomly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Great guide, worked flawlessly for me and I'm getting smoother video than I did with previous releases

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by JJRules View Post
    Great guide, increased my graphics performance significantly. I'm curious though, has anyone been getting occasional corrupt characters on screen? After my laptop has been running a while, I sometimes get a random character corruption, say the Vs in Firefox turn into something that looks like jagged Ws. Disappears after I restart X and seems to happen randomly.
    Yes, I noticed that too - it's a UXA bug, I think, and it happens only after a few hours of X uptime on my system. I read a post from Sarvatt somewhere that the bug was identified and getting fixed, but I don't have the link/bug report handy right now.

Page 55 of 134 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast