Page 131 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1334

Thread: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Hey so I'm sorry if this has been repeated in this thread already... I didn't browse all 130-something pages, but what does this mean for Karmic? What kind of performance should I expect? Has this fix been included in Karmic?

Running an Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03) on Karmic (2.6.31-17-generic).

I just recently installed updates from the xorg-edgers PPG and that made it sooo much better. I can exit games now without them just hanging, my Compiz Cube works seamlessly, and Youtube works a lot better too. But should I be expecting better?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Yeah, would this guide improve the desktop performance for my Intel GMA 4500HD in 9.10? Right now, it's pretty sluggish opening folders and menu's and whatnot (and nothings eating up CPU or RAM).

Beans

it helped for me, but as far as intel goes i swear i had the best performance on hardy. now im wishing i had created a /home partition before so i can get 3d graphics up to speed

Beans
    Hidden!

For me, this "how to" worked great! (when using the optimal/bleeding edge - version). EXA worked on my thinkpad x60, but the softmaker office - program isn't compatible with it, so I was forced to use uxa und there I could not play dvds or openarena. No I can - hurrah!

Beans

Hi all

this is about my MSI Wind 100 u

not the signature computer

Anyway it seems to be working ok ( the graphics card that is ) my #d accl is ok you tube is ok

but the screen flickers once in a while and SOMETIMES will shut down

its a little annoying

I am running on 80 % cpu at the moment to see if it will help

anyone else had this happen?

any ideas?

Stephen

here is my card and cfconf

00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. Device 0110
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
    Memory at dfe00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
    Capabilities: <access denied>

snip

#
    # If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically updated
    # again, run the following command:
    # sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier "Configured Monitor"
    EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "Default Screen"
    Monitor "Configured Monitor"
    Device "Configured Video Device"
    EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "Configured Video Device"
    Option "UseFBDev" "true"
    EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
    Option "DontZap" "False"
    EndSection
    Ubuntu 11 10
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz 4 GB Ram
    install by upgrade not clean install
    Nividia graphics card

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

ah, so this is why my 3D work is going 350-650 fps slower than it used to. switching back to intrepid now. good thing this thread was here, i was going to post a new one just for this question.

Beans

Could someone PLEASE update these instructions for 9.10 and 10.4. The ones on the first page are a complete waste of time in those two distros. Either that or take this thread down as a sticky.

I have been fighting with trying to get out of 1024 x 768 on an Intel GMA 500 netbook in both 9.10 and 10.4 for half a day now. There were some drivers on altervista.net that worked before but those have been taken down, and I have not been able to find anything that comes close to working.
    Last edited by foresthill; March 10th, 2010 at 09:28 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by foresthill View Post
    Could someone PLEASE update these instructions for 9.10 and 10.4. The ones on the first page are a complete waste of time in those two distros. Either that or take this thread down as a sticky.

I have been fighting with trying to get out of 1024 x 768 on an Intel GMA 500 netbook in both 9.10 and 10.4 for half a day now. There were some drivers on altervista.net that worked before but those have been taken down, and I have not been able to find anything that comes close to working.
    No, this guide doesn't need to be updated for Karmic (or especially for Lucid, which is still in alpha status). The drivers shipped with Jaunty were unusually slow, which warranted this guide.

What I do agree on, however, is that the guide should be un-stickied (unless there's a larger base of Jaunty users still in existence than I imagine to be the case).

P.S. This guide is useless to you, anyway. Your GMA 500 is really a Imagination Industries PowerVR SGX 535 core, which does not have properly-maintained open-source drivers. See here and here.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by psyke83 View Post
    No, this guide doesn't need to be updated for Karmic (or especially for Lucid, which is still in alpha status). The drivers shipped with Jaunty were unusually slow, which warranted this guide.

What I do agree on, however, is that the guide should be un-stickied (unless there's a larger base of Jaunty users still in existence than I imagine to be the case).

P.S. This guide is useless to you, anyway. Your GMA 500 is really a Imagination Industries PowerVR SGX 535 core, which does not have properly-maintained open-source drivers. See here and here.
    Thanks I will try that. Much appreciated, I thought i was losing my mind.

Beans

Ok, I made the "mistake" of upgrading my MSI Atom computer with built in Intel graphics (945G I believe) to 10.04 beta 1. Now, it boots fine. All the server stuff works fine. But I can't get it to start Gnome or Xorg or anything. It hangs at the "Checking battery state..." thing.....

I tried installing the new kernel from the ppa mainline. I also put in the grub lines mentioned to enable the drivers (i915.modeset=1)

So.....any ideas on what to do to get some sort of Gnome or graphical interface working again?

Page 131 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 ... LastLast