Page 120 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1334

Thread: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Now I did each level of upgrade and I did notice a difference in the scrolling in firefox. Although there is a small amount of skip its tolerable now. Thanks much.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by VioletsPie View Post
    From the early days of Jaunty I had the 'bleeder' configuration with no problems. Just now I updated and like some other posters got nailed. I am currently running Ubuntu on low graphics mode.

The revert settings did not seem to work. When I boot in it tells me there's another 'X' server listening to '0' and then it boots as '1'.

X.Org X Server 1.6.3
    Release Date: 2009-7-31
    X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
    Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.24-24-xen i686 Ubuntu
    Current Operating System: Linux Melpomene 2.6.28-15-generic #52-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 9 10:49:34 UTC 2009 i686
    Kernel command line: root=UUID=f305f904-ba39-454f-aa3b-475e2cc2b213 ro quiet splash vga=758
    Build Date: 06 August 2009 08:08:47PM
    xorg-server 2:1.6.3+git20090805+server-1.6-branch.f274e595-0ubuntu0sarvatt3~jaunty (buildd@rothera.buildd)
    Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
    to make sure that you have the latest version.
    Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
    (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
    (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
    (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.1.log", Time: Thu Oct 8 14:39:35 2009
    (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.failsafe"
    error setting MTRR (base = 0xd0000000, size = 0x00770000, type = 1) Invalid argument (22)
    ddxSigGiveUp: Closing log

I just got hit with the same problem...
    Any know how to fix it?

I'm going to revert to the stable drivers and see if those work ^_^
    Laters...
    Sol
    "Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere" User numbers: Ubuntu 23772 Linux 477911

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by solitaire View Post
    I just got hit with the same problem...
    Any know how to fix it?

I'm going to revert to the stable drivers and see if those work ^_^
    Had the same problem, was running 2.6.30.7 kernel, updated to the very latest development kernel and the problem went away.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thumbs up Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Quote Originally Posted by quebeck5 View Post
    Had the same problem, was running 2.6.30.7 kernel, updated to the very latest development kernel and the problem went away.
    I just dropped the "Xorg Edgers" builds for intel GFX testing builds (also removed bits of the nv and ATI drivers it was trying to install for some reason?!?!?!)

but after that it booted fine.

I've not tested it with my second monitor attached (the default drivers don't give me 1920x1080 on the second monitor) So not sure if everything is OK.

Hope they fix the Edgers problem soon! ^_^
    Laters...
    Sol
    "Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere" User numbers: Ubuntu 23772 Linux 477911

Beans

psyke, please make sure the guide clearly informs people to go to the xorg-edgers PPA page and read everything there before installing packages from that PPA. I get reports from people who seem to have added the PPA but are not aware of the information on the PPA page.

Otherwise, your guide looks good and seems to contain the necessary disclaimers
    Please use launchpad to search for/report bugs and problems: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs

Beans

hi. i modified my system months ago, following the safe method. i have the 855GM. xserver-xorg-video-intel is 2:2.7.1-0ubuntu1~xup~1.

lately, upon rebooting, when gdm loads, my screen will turn completely white. it doesn't start out completely white, however. instead, most of the screen turns white, and during the next few seconds, the white color "bleeds" across the screen until the screen is completely white.

in order to resolve this, i have had to switch to the console and restart gdm. the first time this happened, restarting gdm once resolved the problem. today, after my second reboot, i had to restart gdm twice before the problem disappeared.

so, i have run into this problem twice now after two reboots. i don't reboot my system often. the second to last reboot was:

reboot system boot 2.6.28-15-generi Thu Sep 17 12:32 - 10:18 (22+21:46)

and the last reboot was today:

reboot system boot 2.6.28-15-generi Sat Oct 10 09:49 - 10:15 (00:26)

this is also the same thing that happened to me months ago when we were told to test performance with planet penguin racer. after launching the game my screen would turn white as if it was malfunctioning, and over the next few seconds the white would "bleed" across the whole screen until it was completely white. i had to wait for the game to load and then press ESC in order to get out.
    Last edited by scarf; October 10th, 2009 at 06:52 PM.

Beans

Do you have link to a guide for that, or could you post some relatively user-friendly instructions? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I updated to the same kernel as karmic and the Xorg-Edgers drivers worked, but the new kernel does not have the module for my laptops wireless card!

need to work out how to get the drivers! (I'm currently running my Karmic install till I can get Jaunty working again!).
    Laters...
    Sol

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Wandel View Post
    Do you have link to a guide for that, or could you post some relatively user-friendly instructions? Thanks.
    go to http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

download whatever kernel you want. for the very latest one the directory you should be in is
    http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa...daily/current/

download 3 files for the architecture of your computer. for me (i386), that's the

linux-image....i386.deb
    linux-headers...i386.deb

and

linux-headers....all.deb (that's for both archtiectures)

once you've downloaded them somewhere, run in the directory they are in:

sudo dpkg -i file1 file2 file3

then restart.

Beans

Fail. Technically the instructions are correct, but you should rather point people to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/MainlineBuilds so they read the instructions from the people who run the PPA.
    Please use launchpad to search for/report bugs and problems: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs

Page 120 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast