Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Quote Originally Posted by psyke83 View Post
    That's right, thanks.
    By the way, its more like
    cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep intel

Doing this I have around 50 lines of intel(0).

Now, what is the whole xorg.conf that I have to use in order for this office to use the Intel driver ? I already posted what I have so far on this. I don't want to spend days replying to fix it.

I assume its because it is not properly used that I have graphic corruptions in Blender. Right ?
    Desktop: I5-2500 on a Z77 MB, 16Gb memory, GTX-570
    Windows-7 (trying to add Ubuntu 12.04 LTS)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by Browser_ice View Post
    I assume its because it is not properly used that I have graphic corruptions in Blender. Right ?
    Blender's graphic corruption seems to be Mesa related. You can download a statically linked older release of Blender, it works without corruption.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Blender's graphic corruption seems to be Mesa related. You can download a statically linked older release of Blender, it works without corruption.
    Ok but my initial question is not answered.
    Desktop: I5-2500 on a Z77 MB, 16Gb memory, GTX-570
    Windows-7 (trying to add Ubuntu 12.04 LTS)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Browser_ice View Post
    Ok but my initial question is not answered.
    It was answered. You assumed that because Blender wasn't working correctly that the intel driver wasn't being used properly. It is.

Beans
    Distro

Since preforming the "safe" method on my laptops I now no longer get updates on either machine either automatically or manually. I have also had issues trying to install other software.

Basically Youtube works now, but apt doesn't. Since this is on two very different machines I can't be the only one. Any ideas?

update...

commenting the new addresses out of my sources list abates the issue.

# deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates/ubuntu jaunty main #X-Updates PPA
    # deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates/ubuntu jaunty main #X-Updates PPA

I'd like to find a way to properly fix this.
    Last edited by jeremyjjbrown; August 5th, 2009 at 04:11 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

This is my lspci.

Code:
    yrene@tyrene-laptop:~$ lspci

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/PM/GMS/910GML Express Processor to DRAM Controller (rev 03)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev 03)

00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev 03)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 03)

00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) PCI Express Port 3 (rev 03)

00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB UHCI #1 (rev 03)

00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB UHCI #2 (rev 03)

00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB UHCI #3 (rev 03)

00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB UHCI #4 (rev 03)

00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 03)

00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev d3)

00:1e.2 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 03)

00:1e.3 Modem: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 03)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801FBM (ICH6M) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 03)

00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801FBM (ICH6M) SATA Controller (rev 03)

00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 03)

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5751M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express (rev 11)

04:00.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI1510 PC card Cardbus Controller

04:02.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG [Calexico2] Network Connection (rev 05)

05:00.0 USB Controller: NEC Corporation USB (rev 43)

05:00.1 USB Controller: NEC Corporation USB (rev 43)

05:00.2 USB Controller: NEC Corporation USB 2.0 (rev 04)
    And my xorg.conf.

Code:
    Section "Device"
    	Identifier	"Configured Video Device"
    EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    	Identifier	"Configured Monitor"
    EndSection

Section "Screen"
    	Identifier	"Default Screen"
    	Monitor		"Configured Monitor"
    	Device		"Configured Video Device"
    EndSection
    As you can tell I don't have any tweaks for my video driver. My things run fine for the time being however- I'd like to know what I could do to maximize the current hardware I'm running. I also should mention that I'm using 1gb of RAM now (512 + 512) and will be receiving 2gb (1 + 1) in the mail any day now if that will help
    Lenovo ThinkPad X200Tablet
    Lenovo ThinkPad T500
    W7/Ubuntu 13.04

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyjjbrown View Post
    Since preforming the "safe" method on my laptops I now no longer get updates on either machine either automatically or manually. I have also had issues trying to install other software.

Basically Youtube works now, but apt doesn't. Since this is on two very different machines I can't be the only one. Any ideas?

update...

commenting the new addresses out of my sources list abates the issue.

# deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates/ubuntu jaunty main #X-Updates PPA
    # deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates/ubuntu jaunty main #X-Updates PPA

I'd like to find a way to properly fix this.
    You can't get updates through update-manager (the GUI)? Maybe you misinterpreted a warning about a missing repository key - make sure you've followed the instructions in the guide, including the step to add the X-Updates PPA key to your system.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldgirl08 View Post
    As you can tell I don't have any tweaks for my video driver. My things run fine for the time being however- I'd like to know what I could do to maximize the current hardware I'm running. I also should mention that I'm using 1gb of RAM now (512 + 512) and will be receiving 2gb (1 + 1) in the mail any day now if that will help
    Follow this guide only if you feel that 2D or 3D performance isn't good enough. If you want to proceed, I recommend you stick with the Safe configuration.

You may get a performance boost by using the 2.6.31.3 kernel (the only difference between Safe and Optimal configuration), so try that if you're still not satisfied. Just make sure to read the guide fully (including warnings).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Psyke. This is only a temporary fix right?

I'm hoping that Karmic has a built-in solution for my type of machine (I kinda doubt it b/c it's an older chipset). When Karmic is distributed by Ubuntu do you think I'd have to reinstall these mods to my xorg file???
    Lenovo ThinkPad X200Tablet
    Lenovo ThinkPad T500
    W7/Ubuntu 13.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I'm not sure what else I can do. I've tried the safe and bleeding edge multiple times over the past few months and every time compiz performance in the NBR main window is so slow it's unusable.

2D performance seems fine, and testing 3D performance with ppracer shows hardly any gain at all.

If I try to go back to EXA with edgers, compiz is still just as slow as it was with UXA. The only way to get the compiz performance back to normal is to revert everything back to x-updates ppa or before.

I have a eee 900 with a 945GME chipset

Does anyone have any suggestions, I don't know what else to do with this chipset.

Page 103 of 134 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast