Page 102 of 134 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1334

Thread: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Quote Originally Posted by mabovo View Post
    Wouldn't be cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep intel ?
    That's right, thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thanks psyke83 for ur effort!

I followed the "Optimal Configuration" but it seems like the old slow performance is gone...and now a new problem appears
    I usually use Cooliris to test VGA performance since it used not to work at all with the default old configuration.

The problem is that few minutes after Cooliris is launched my swap jumps to >85% usage, which wasn't the case before this change,.
    And to make sure it's not Cooliris problem. I only launched few applications like a mediaplayer, Firefox, and few OOo documents (with compiz enabled) and the same swap overusage.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ENigma885 View Post
    Thanks psyke83 for ur effort!

I followed the "Optimal Configuration" but it seems like the old slow performance is gone...and now a new problem appears
    I usually use Cooliris to test VGA performance since it used not to work at all with the default old configuration.

The problem is that few minutes after Cooliris is launched my swap jumps to >85% usage, which wasn't the case before this change,.
    And to make sure it's not Cooliris problem. I only launched few applications like a mediaplayer, Firefox, and few OOo documents (with compiz enabled) and the same swap overusage.
    I've done the same and have the same problem with swap.

Beans

I tried both the safe and the optimal patches on my 901, but neither one was workable. Optimal could not complete regular bootup because of an incomplete video configuration. Safe hangs up during boot unless I choose an earlier kernel in the grub. I removed the safe patches except for the fixmttrr.sh patch, as your final note suggests, however, and this seems to have improved my flash video a bit. It's not perfect, but hulu is now watchable full screen. It also seems to survive rebooting, for some reason--mine is gnome, but I was under the impression that it would be erased after a reboot without the rest of the patch. Perhaps it is preserved by the asus eeepc boot booster feature.

jad

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by treesurf View Post
    A small warning: this kernel update has killed suspend to RAM on my laptop. Otherwise, no noticeable difference.

The 2.6.30.3 kernel has restored suspend RAM. Thanks!

Beans

Question Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Hi!

Thanks for this awsome guide, it really helped improved scrolling and other stuff like workspace switching

However, not everything is what it could be. For example when I play a video it is noticably stuttering a little. Also, when I play games like planet penguin racer it still has small stuttering in it.

I have the optimal Configuration set. I even tried reinstalling the fixmtrr script, but it said it was already running, so that shouldn't be the problem.

I have a Fujitsu Siemems Amilo Pi 1505 with an Intel 945GM card

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Yet another kernel update has been released, with a significantly longer changelog this time. I didn't really see anything related to intel graphics performance, but I could be wrong of course.

Anyone interested can find the changelog here: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kern...geLog-2.6.30.4

The updated kernel packages can be found here: http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa...ine/v2.6.30.4/
    Life is what happens while you're making other plans....
    Desktop: AMD Athlon II x4 635, 4GB, GT240, 1TB
    Laptop: Dell XPS M1330, T5250, 2GB, x3100, 80 GB SSD, 4965AGN

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by PreThunder View Post
    Hi!

Thanks for this awsome guide, it really helped improved scrolling and other stuff like workspace switching

However, not everything is what it could be. For example when I play a video it is noticably stuttering a little. Also, when I play games like planet penguin racer it still has small stuttering in it.

I have the optimal Configuration set. I even tried reinstalling the fixmtrr script, but it said it was already running, so that shouldn't be the problem.

I have a Fujitsu Siemems Amilo Pi 1505 with an Intel 945GM card
    Unfortunately even with the latest packages the graphics performance isnt overly impressive, you can find some recent benchmarks of the current intel graphics stack at Phoronix.com.

Hopefully it will get better over the next few months leading up to Karmic....

Treris

PS saw that this was you're first post on this forum; welcome!
    Life is what happens while you're making other plans....
    Desktop: AMD Athlon II x4 635, 4GB, GT240, 1TB
    Laptop: Dell XPS M1330, T5250, 2GB, x3100, 80 GB SSD, 4965AGN

Beans

You have a small error in your guide.

0. Optional: If there is no xorg.conf file present on your system, the following command will create a minimal configuration (which you can customize later):
    Code:

Code:
    $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xorg-xserver
    The package is named xserver-xorg and not xorg-xserver. Thus the code should be:

Code:
    $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Beans
    Hidden!

OMG!!! I can watch youtube!!!!!!!!!!!

heh.

I followed the instructions for "optimal"

on a thinkpad x60 tablet with a fresh install of jaunty.

Hopefully this is not all in my head. I have tried a few fixes in the past and I think I wanted them to work so much that I saw performance gains that didn't exist.

I know we aren't supposed to trust glxgears. but going from ~150 to ~770-880 has to mean something!

EDIT: It seems as if I can no longer user the external monitor.
    Last edited by bonfire89; August 3rd, 2009 at 06:54 PM.

Page 102 of 134 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast