Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bit Defender

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Bit Defender

Quote Originally Posted by SpyroViper View Post
    Well this is marvelous! I think I may use it.

However, I do love seeing my Windows using friends suffer.. that's when the 'should have used Linux' line comes in
    Ohh yea , I drop that line like it's hot and at every single available opportunity. lol I'm a butt head.
    "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
    -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

so this will help me maybe protect my pc at some stage?if i didnt useit do you think i might regret it someday?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by freakbofo View Post
    so this will help me maybe protect my pc at some stage?if i didnt useit do you think i might regret it someday?
    Nope. This is only for scanning Windows virus. Is good if you want to protect other computers on your network running Windows and to avoid sending virus to your friends by e-mail.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

It does say for UNIX and Windows based viruses and spyware though.. I'm confused.
    /-* Because making UNIX user friendly, is easier than debugging Windows *-\

Beans
    Distro

It's for *Unix (Built to run on) Using the same Viral Definitions as the enterprise for windows , Lunix , BSD , Mac. This is for multi platform server & Desktop protection.

I really don't understand what's so confusing about it.

If your just one guy using one *unix desktop then it probably won't benefit you , But this benefits my computing and serving requirements for multiple specific applications immensely.
    "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
    -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Beans
    Distro

I previously tested this on Intrepid with ext3, and Jaunty with ext3 with no problems. I just done a new install of Jaunty with ext4, and for some reason the "right click" integration scan crashes the desktop. Everything else works fine. I guess it may have something to do with how ext4 handles/writes to the file system.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by 67GTA View Post
    I just done a new install of Jaunty with ext4, and for some reason the "right click" integration scan crashes the desktop. Everything else works fine. I guess it may have something to do with how ext4 handles/writes to the file system.
    I use the drop box. Works like a charm with ext4.

Beans
    Distro

Yeah, the dropbox works fine. The only bug is the right click scan option. I'll keep digging

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by 67GTA View Post
    I previously tested this on Intrepid with ext3, and Jaunty with ext3 with no problems. I just done a new install of Jaunty with ext4, and for some reason the "right click" integration scan crashes the desktop. Everything else works fine. I guess it may have something to do with how ext4 handles/writes to the file system.
    Yep, fails for me too; using ext4. Just compiled and tried it. Crashed nautilus.
    Step inside your soul
    Find that place at its best
    On which to be whole,
    And apart from the rest.

Beans

hi there ...

i am pretty new to the ubuntu OS and community (i think 3 days qualifies me on that point) .
    not wishing to hijack this thread or make a redundant topic , i will explain my situation briefly .

i read this thread and it caught my attention . what better way to start out than to dig right in and have a go at a couple of contaminated drives (yes , insanity does take several forms) ... well , maybe once i get my feet a little wetter .

i have version 8.10 ... i am waiting a few days to dl the 9.04 and put it on a 2.8 GHz machine i am building .
    i have obtained the key and the link to the dl address .
    i looked at the different files for dl'ing ...
    the question is now figuring out what to do next .
    as i said , i am new to this and if someone knows of an existing post/thread/section that can address this issue i would appreciate being pointed in the right direction .

many thanks in advance ...

now , off to the newbie introductions to make my second post !
    Last edited by CWB; April 27th, 2009 at 04:11 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast