Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorola i335 connect to PC?

Beans

Motorola i335 connect to PC?

Hi there and thanks for the help in advance. I just bought a Motorola i335 cell phone and am having trouble getting it to show up when I connect it to my PC VIA the USB data cable. It does nothing, I assume it should mount and show up as USB storage or similar? Any help is appreciated.

Running Ubuntu 8.10 if you need additional info please let me know.

Beans

Re: Motorola i335 connect to PC?

first check and see if it is seen when you plug it in. open a terminal and post the putput of
    Code:
    lsusb
    does the phone have a connection mode? you might need to set that to usb first.
    Debian Testing(64bit) + XFCE4 AM2 5200+ ATI Radeon HD4350, 4gig RAM,320Gig and 750gig HDs

what's the difference between an answer and a solution? An answer is what they want to hear, a solution is what they don't want to hear

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by halitech View Post
    first check and see if it is seen when you plug it in. open a terminal and post the putput of
    Code:
    lsusb
    does the phone have a connection mode? you might need to set that to usb first.
    Thank you for the swift reply it is appreciated.

Here is the outpout of 'lsusb' (seems to be detected)

Code:
    Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 004 Device 002: ID 062a:0003 Creative Labs 
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 005: ID 0c44:0020 Motorola iDEN 
    Bus 003 Device 004: ID 062a:0000 Creative Labs Optical mouse
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    As for connection mode, no it does not to the best of my knowledge have this, at least I cannot find it...have scoured the inetz, manual, and phone itself.

It seems to be a driver issue from what I can gather. So I am hoping you fine folks can help me figure this one out and I am sure many more will surely appreciate it as well.

Also I have 'Moto4lin' installed and here is the output after I switch two P2K Mode (no other mode show any success) it seems to connect but does not list anything nor let me do anything :/

[info] Phone is unpluged. Please connect it
    [info] Switching device /dev/ttyACM0 to P2K mode...
    [info] AT E0 answer: AT E0
    [info] Phone answer: OK
    Thanks again in advance for the help!!
    Last edited by frimilden; April 20th, 2009 at 03:49 AM.

Beans

I've got the Razr v3 and I've never had much success getting moto4lin or anything to work. the line about phone is unplugged doesnt look good. was it unplugged at that point and then you plugged it in?
    Debian Testing(64bit) + XFCE4 AM2 5200+ ATI Radeon HD4350, 4gig RAM,320Gig and 750gig HDs

what's the difference between an answer and a solution? An answer is what they want to hear, a solution is what they don't want to hear

Beans

I've got the Razr v3 and I've never had much success getting moto4lin or anything to work. the line about phone is unplugged doesnt look good. was it unplugged at that point and then you plugged it in?
    No it was plugged in. I have been trying everything I can think of and no dice. I am begging to think maybe the phone is to new and there simply is no way of connecting it.

Beans

that is a possibility if its new. I'm not sure but there might be info you can send to the developer of moto4lin that may help them out in supporting your phone. See if there is someway of contacting them in the software if you are interested in helping out that way.

Beans

that is a possibility if its new. I'm not sure but there might be info you can send to the developer of moto4lin that may help them out in supporting your phone. See if there is someway of contacting
    them in the software if you are interested in helping out that way.
    Yes I will do just that. Thank you for all of your help.

Beans

Thought I would bump this old thread to let all you fine folks know that as of yet there is still no way that I have been able to find to get this working.

Maybe in the future.....

Beans

I still haven't been able to get anything to connect to mine either. I did recently pick up a micro-sd card for storage in the phone and now when connecting to the computer, it does see the card and the folders inside and allow me to copy files to it. Not sure if this is any help or not but thought I'd mention it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I know this message might not fit in here, but.. I've used my cell phone to connect to the internet, and so has my brother. And my brother got an unexpected bill on almost 1400 $. So at least you shouldn't use it a lot unless you absolutely have to. Hey, why not buy mobile 3G broadband instead?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast