Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Futurama RETURNS......well maybe

Beans

Re: Futurama RETURNS......well maybe

I learned something from the article. I never knew Peg (Katey Segal) was one of the voices on the show. Futurerama is funny but I have to say that South Park has it and The Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad beat all to hell. What other cartoon depicts Satan and Sadaam Hussien having a gay love affair. South Park is the king of adult cartoons.
    Manually installing software and setting up your system is always preferable. However, there is not one thing wrong with using Automatix for getting it done the easy way. Get Automatix2 Support Here

Beans

I've always found South Park far from funny. It's just never struck my fancy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

My avatar and username may make me look bias on this but, I like the simpsons over all of the other current/past fox cartonns. I watched futurama in the begenning and loved it, but after a few seasons it seemed to me atleast to go downhill quickly, I hate it when shows resort to crude (adult) humor all the time just to try and get laughs, one or two well placed crude jokes can be funny, but I dont find it funny when every episode is based on them.

I like watching some of the older family guys aswell but they seemed to go the mainly adult humor route aswell in many episodes.

I agree with poofy that the simspsons lately havent been that funny, I watch it but dont laugh like I do when I watch any of the episodes from seasons 1-7 that I own on DVD

I have sort of a weird way to rate shows "How many of the characters make me laugh" Simpsons wins hands down here, maybe since it has more characters than the others. I laught at Apu, Chief and Ralph Wiggum, Maggie, Bart and most others.

With Family Guy its mainly Brian and Stewie, Peter on few occasions but not that oftern, With Futurama it was almost always Bender only.

I would probably give it another shot if they brought it back though.
    Someone please correct me if I am wrong but has anyone seem a simpsons episode start with "Viewer Discresion is Advised"? This seems to appear on most of the fox cartoons I dont find funny, but not on the simpsons which I do find fuuny

Beans

Futurama in its latter years or say season 3 onwards seems to be have been developed as an everything show rather than just focusing on comedy alone.

I realize the norm seems to be if a show is animated it better be funny all the time, however some of futurama's really good episodes are hardly funny at all, but wonderful soul tugging work..."Luck of the fryrish" anyone.

And this definitely sets it apart...from say "Family guy"...which is all/mostly about crude humor, which is not necessarily a bad thing, and simpsons...well i dare not go there...having not seen any of the earlier episodes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Rotarychainsaw
    All I can say is that these people are wrong.
    Clearly you don't understand the concept of an opinion

Beans

Futurama is a fantastic show. I loved watching every minute of it just as i do the simpsons and family guy.

its hard for me to compare all the shows because they all take satire in a different direction. the simpsons is more the entertainment side, while family guy is very political. Futurama is... well just weird. but i still love the shows.

Boondocks rule.

Adult swim for life!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gorkhal
    Futurama in its latter years or say season 3 onwards seems to be have been developed as an everything show rather than just focusing on comedy alone.

I realize the norm seems to be if a show is animated it better be funny all the time, however some of futurama's really good episodes are hardly funny at all, but wonderful soul tugging work..."Luck of the fryrish" anyone.

And this definitely sets it apart...from say "Family guy"...which is all/mostly about crude humor, which is not necessarily a bad thing, and simpsons...well i dare not go there...having not seen any of the earlier episodes.
    Exactly. That stuff is great!
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12