Thread: Ubuntu Intrepid Compiz Help

Beans

Ubuntu Intrepid Compiz Help

Hello all. I've been using Ubuntu for a while now, and am starting to get quite comfortable with it. I'm running Ubuntu 8.10 with Compiz installed and I'm using the desktop cube. I haven't had any glitches or anything as far as I can tell, and it's all very enjoyable; but I do have a question.

I've installed the Settings Manager for Compiz and I've played around with it a lot, but I have yet to come across a Skydome option for the Desktop Cube; and a few other effects I've seen being used with it aren't present. At least apparently.

So could anyone help me enable Skydome?

Thanks in advance!

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Intrepid Compiz Help

Skydome should be inside the 'Desktop Cube' options, under the 'Appearance' tab. Check that you have the main set of compiz plugins installed by searching for compiz in synaptic.

Beans

Well I tried updating everything; but I was already up to date. I re-installed the updates and everything, and it was still the same.

Do you mean the Appearance tab under Preferences because if so, I don't see one. If you also mean in the Compiz manager, I wouldn't know where to look. Suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

System > Preferences > Open CompizConfig Settings Manager and go to Desktop option on the left. Look for Desktop Cube. Click on it, and go to the Appearance tab. Look halfway down and you'll see options for Skydome.

If Skydome's not in Desktop Cube or Desktop Cube is not even there, you might be missing a plugin.

When I installed my Compiz, it was complete with all the plugins. I went to synaptic and typed "ccsm" and installed it and everything thats associated with it.

Was I of help to you?
    Last edited by LesterPalooza; April 19th, 2009 at 05:40 AM.
    Slow Ubuntu compared to Windows or Mac OSX, despite all the tweaking? You might have an NVidia graphics card. Read this post.
    Tweak your Ubuntu!

Beans

Worked like a charm! Thanks a ton.