View Poll Results: How would you rate this Howto?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Useless, no good at all, waste of time

2 3.51%
  • Pretty useless, but gave me a few ideas

2 3.51%
  • Very useful, thanks

31 54.39%
  • Best tutorial on the subject!

22 38.60%
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HTPC DVB-S2 VDR 1.7.5 CCcam Howto

Beans

Re: HTPC DVB-S2 VDR 1.7.5 CCcam Howto

Hi,

I get the following error at the ffmpeg stage

Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --enable-libx264 --enable-libtheora --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid
    libfaac is nonfree and --enable-nonfree is not specified.

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
    version from SVN.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
    ffmpeg-user@mplayerhq.hu mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
    Include the log file "config.err" produced by configure as this will help
    solving the problem.

Beans

Hello again.

I'm going to install w_scan.
    It's not a problem being a command line.

[EDIT] I found this on the README file:
    - it works *only* for cable and terrestrial DVB/ATSC, sat is removed

So it'll not work for satellite users!
    I have to go for another one.

I live in Portugal and have a diseqc with: Hispasat 30W, Hotbird 13E and Astra 19.2E.

Because I've heard of some problems with 64bits versions, I've chose the 32bits.

But before I continue, I'm going to create a backup image of the partition where I've installed to. Just in case...

About the front ends, I'm a user of MythTV (Mythbuntu to be more precise).
    However, the current version doesn't support DVB-S2 and to go to SVN then I have to patch lots of things...

I have to dig about mbox.
    Most of my friends are switching from CCCam to mbox because of stability and much lower network traffic.

Best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by art2003 View Post
    1)try my updated lircd.conf
    No multiple key presses and all keys working...

2)wierbelscan is available, it is attached to my first post, though it scans only a handful of satellites (astra1, astra2, hotbird, sirius, 23e)
    and not dvb-s2 channels. It is mainly a DVB-S and DVB-T scanner but it supports same satellites as well as per above.

Best scanner is w_scan by the same author, but for now from the command line

Here you can find some channels lists produced by w_scan:
    http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.ph...nels.conf_DVBS

I tried ubuntu 9.04 64bits and the native drivers for the nova-hd-s2 were a complete disaster, everything compiled ok but no data ever communicated between applications (vdr, w_scan) and the drivers.

The sc plugin should help you with mbox but I think you will need to edit a config file for that purpose, but sorry, never used mbox although I have heard about it.

Oxine or MMS?
    I use both
    Oxine as a frontend is more flexible, you can make it run any command you like, including a script that kills oxine and launches MMS for a particular task (I like MMS for playing movies from the hard drive)

Keep us updated on your progress, it is a wonderful adventure! (and a brave thing to buy hardware you don´t know it works for certain, but hopefully it will all have a happy ending)
    Last edited by caladeira; May 9th, 2009 at 11:29 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Sav View Post
    Using the internal player, are subtitles enabled?
    Yes, using the internal oxine player, subtitles are enabled but no volume control is possible (you have to use the TV´s remote control for that)

This I believe is because /dev/mixer and /dev/mixer0 exist but are not really functional so ´hardware´ volume control fails, where ´software´ volume control works.

vdr allows for both hardware and software volume control, so no problems there.

mplayer and xine too so fine there too.

But oxine has only hardware volume control.

Beans

Lightbulb Re: HTPC DVB-S2 VDR 1.7.5 CCcam Howto

hi i am reading this thread with great detail, i am going through the tut , just one thing i want to ask is , you said that wierbel scan can scan for dvb-s2(HD) channels, is there any chance you could put the tut for this up ?
    thanks so far

Beans

Exclamation Re: HTPC DVB-S2 VDR 1.7.5 CCcam Howto

hi i have following the guide and i have got to the installing ffmpeg but this error comes up any idea ?

desktop:/usr/local/src/ffmpeg# ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --enable-libx264 --enable-libtheora --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid
    FAAD test failed.

version from SVN. If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
    solving the problem.

Beans

Hello!

I've been through this too.

I've changes a little bit the original post like this:

Code:
    apt-get install -y libx264-dev libmp3lame-dev autoconf libtool automake pkg-config gettext liba52-0.7.4-dev libvorbis-dev zlib1g-dev libpng12-dev libx11-dev libxv-dev libasound2-dev libfaad-dev libfaac-dev libxvidcore4-dev libdts-dev
    apt-get build-dep ffmpeg
    svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg
    cd ffmpeg/
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --enable-libx264 --enable-libtheora --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --enable-nonfree
    make
    make install
    cp ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
    ldconfig -v
    As you can see I've added the packages "libfaad-dev libfaac-dev libxvidcore4-dev libdts-dev" and add also some options to ffmpeg "--enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --enable-nonfree".

However, now I'm stuck in the Xine-Lib 1.2 CVS.

I get always this error when I try to make (with and without vdpau support):

Code:
    (...)
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libxvid_rc.c:127: undefined reference to `xvid_plugin_2pass2'
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libxvid_rc.c:119: undefined reference to `xvid_plugin_2pass2'
    /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.3.3/../../../../lib/libavcodec.a(libxvid_rc.o): In function `ff_xvid_rate_control_init':
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libxvid_rc.c:80: undefined reference to `xvid_plugin_2pass2'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[4]: ** [xineplug_decode_ff.la] Erro 1
    make[4]: Saindo do diretório `/usr/local/src/xine-lib-1.2/src/combined/ffmpeg'
    make[3]: ** [all] Erro 2
    make[3]: Saindo do diretório `/usr/local/src/xine-lib-1.2/src/combined/ffmpeg'
    make[2]: ** [all-recursive] Erro 1
    make[2]: Saindo do diretório `/usr/local/src/xine-lib-1.2/src/combined'
    make[1]: ** [all-recursive] Erro 1
    make[1]: Saindo do diretório `/usr/local/src/xine-lib-1.2/src'
    make: ** [all-recursive] Erro 1
    I've also made the suggested change to "/usr/local/src/xine-lib-1.2/src/audio_dec/Makefile" without success.

Since I'm using xubuntu 9.04, I'm considering restarting all again with xubuntu 8.04

I'm just going to wait 1 day or two to see if someone have any clue.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by emmanneil View Post
    hi i have following the guide and i have got to the installing ffmpeg but this error comes up any idea ?

desktop:/usr/local/src/ffmpeg# ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --enable-libx264 --enable-libtheora --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid
    FAAD test failed.

version from SVN. If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
    solving the problem.

Beans

i am using 8.04 and its no better on there too, dont waste your time on 8.04

Beans
    Distro

w_scan in its latest version can scan dvb-s2
    but from the terminal

http://wirbel.htpc-forum.de/w_scan/index2.html

Quote Originally Posted by emmanneil View Post
    hi i am reading this thread with great detail, i am going through the tut , just one thing i want to ask is , you said that wierbel scan can scan for dvb-s2(HD) channels, is there any chance you could put the tut for this up ?
    thanks so far

Beans
    Distro

looks like you should try to drop --enable-xvid from your ffmpeg build
    It is not needed for vdr...

Quote Originally Posted by caladeira View Post
    Hello!

I've been through this too.

I've changes a little bit the original post like this:

Code:
    apt-get install -y libx264-dev libmp3lame-dev autoconf libtool automake pkg-config gettext liba52-0.7.4-dev libvorbis-dev zlib1g-dev libpng12-dev libx11-dev libxv-dev libasound2-dev libfaad-dev libfaac-dev libxvidcore4-dev libdts-dev
    apt-get build-dep ffmpeg
    svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg
    cd ffmpeg/
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --enable-libx264 --enable-libtheora --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --enable-nonfree
    make
    make install
    cp ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
    ldconfig -v
    As you can see I've added the packages "libfaad-dev libfaac-dev libxvidcore4-dev libdts-dev" and add also some options to ffmpeg "--enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --enable-nonfree".

However, now I'm stuck in the Xine-Lib 1.2 CVS.

I get always this error when I try to make (with and without vdpau support):

Code:
    (...)
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libxvid_rc.c:127: undefined reference to `xvid_plugin_2pass2'
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libxvid_rc.c:119: undefined reference to `xvid_plugin_2pass2'
    /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.3.3/../../../../lib/libavcodec.a(libxvid_rc.o): In function `ff_xvid_rate_control_init':
    /usr/local/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/libxvid_rc.c:80: undefined reference to `xvid_plugin_2pass2'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[4]: ** [xineplug_decode_ff.la] Erro 1
    make[4]: Saindo do diretório `/usr/local/src/xine-lib-1.2/src/combined/ffmpeg'
    make[3]: ** [all] Erro 2
    make[3]: Saindo do diretório `/usr/local/src/xine-lib-1.2/src/combined/ffmpeg'
    make[2]: ** [all-recursive] Erro 1
    make[2]: Saindo do diretório `/usr/local/src/xine-lib-1.2/src/combined'
    make[1]: ** [all-recursive] Erro 1
    make[1]: Saindo do diretório `/usr/local/src/xine-lib-1.2/src'
    make: ** [all-recursive] Erro 1
    I've also made the suggested change to "/usr/local/src/xine-lib-1.2/src/audio_dec/Makefile" without success.

Since I'm using xubuntu 9.04, I'm considering restarting all again with xubuntu 8.04

I'm just going to wait 1 day or two to see if someone have any clue.

Regards.

Beans
    Distro

http://edafe.org/vdr/w_scan/

Here is a howto for w_scan

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast