Thread: Transmission torrent directory?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Transmission torrent directory?

I can't seem to be able to find the directory where Transmission stores torrents after they are opened? Is there a directory where the .torrent files are saved, or are they simply used and immediately deleted?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Transmission torrent directory?

The transmission torrents file is located in ~/.config/transmission/torrents. To navigate to that directory in Nautilus, open Places-->Home Foler and press Ctrl-h. This will reveal the hidden files and directories.

Jim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Load up transmission and select preferences from the Edit menu.

The current destination folder will be displayed (and can be changed) in the Torrents tab. I haven't changed mine from the default, which is the desktop.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    The transmission torrents file is located in ~/.config/transmission/torrents. To navigate to that directory in Nautilus, open Places-->Home Foler and press Ctrl-h. This will reveal the hidden files and directories.

Jim
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by howefield View Post
    Load up transmission and select preferences from the Edit menu.

The current destination folder will be displayed (and can be changed) in the Torrents tab. I haven't changed mine from the default, which is the desktop.
    I meant where are the .torrent files stored, not where the files downloaded are stored, but thanks for your help anyways

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Since you problem has been solved, I would like to recommend Deluge torrent client. Give it a try. I bet you won't be disappointed.

You can download the latest version installation file (deb) from http://www.getdeb.net/app/Deluge

IMO, Deluge is way much better than Transmission, is easy to configure, has a nice interface and all essential features (DHT, UPnP, PEX, Encryption, Blocklists, file selection/priority and more).

For more info http://deluge-torrent.org/

Beans

I noticed there is no option in preferences to change this directory. Is there any other way to do this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

On top of changing the .torrent directory, Is there a way to change where the .torrent data locates the seeding files?

I am trying to set up a box specificaly for seeding, I need to move my downloaded content and .torrent files to a new place on my network.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMiceRabies View Post
    On top of changing the .torrent directory, Is there a way to change where the .torrent data locates the seeding files?

I am trying to set up a box specificaly for seeding, I need to move my downloaded content and .torrent files to a new place on my network.
    Yes. I don't have Transmission installed right now, but there should be an option to select the watched folder and another to select the storage folder. Move the data first form each torrent properties, then make a backup of your .torrent files, then delete the original .torrents and change the watched folder to point to the new location. Transmission should load all torrents again and check the data files form the new location.