Thread: Ubuntu Battery meter color

Beans

Ubuntu Battery meter color

Hello dear people of ubuntuforums.org.

Im new here, but im not new to linux, one thing i was wondering, is it easy to change the colour of the current theme, (click appearance - colour) With some easy way each time my batterymeter changes colour? I.e. when low on battery, my theme goes to a dark orange colour, and green one when full.

Is it possible to easy change the colour with a terminal command? From there i should be able to do it myself, but it would be nice if i dont have to reinvent the wheel.

Thank you!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Ubuntu Battery meter color

I think those are icons. So if i'm right you would probably have to change the icons manually.

But there are other iconsets in System -> Appearance (Theme -> customize -> icons)

Also, there are plenty of iconsets on sites like gnomelook.org that you can install

Beans

Well yes thanks, already checked in on the iconsets, was wondering about the who theme you know? Like i can switch the color of all the windows, was wondering if that could be done autmoaticy?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Totally misunderstood your question initially

Well, that would be cool.

If the color of the theme is possible to change in gconf i guess it would be possible. Gconf is made up of xml, so you could probably change it with a bash or perl script that periodically checked battery status in proc or sys.

fire up gconf-editor or grep the xml file(files) to see if there is anywhere you can change the colour.