Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I get my IPod Touch to work with 9.04?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Can I get my IPod Touch to work with 9.04?

Wow. Well, it seems that my search might have come to a failure. I was searching to see if Ubuntu would have worked with his iPod Touch 2nd Gen. But as it seems, Apple is doin' another...uhm...how to put it nicely...stupid?....(sorry to you Apple lovers, I cannot stand Apple nor can I stand Microsoft!)...move by encrypting their devices (I do have to say, doin' that just gives people more of a reason to hack the device).

Anyway! If there is way to do it without "jailbreaking" the iPod, I'd like to know.

Thanks.

Oh yea, and virtual machine-ing isn't going to be possible. Hes got an older PC. Its only got 900 MHz and 512 MB RAM.

Oops, I noticed I didn't specify it was a friends iPod. My bad xD I'm doin' the search for him, because he's thinking about switching.
    Last edited by zenbachry; June 18th, 2009 at 11:40 AM.
    Laptop-Acer Aspire V3-551G AMD A8 APU Quad-core @ 1.9 GHz (2.8 GHz turbo) 4 GB DDR3 800, Dual graphics AMD Radeon HD 7640g + 7670M with 1 GB dedicated vRAM, 500 GB HDD

Beans

I'm not aware of any way without jailbreaking. If you're willing to do that then there's this.

Is there a reason you don't want to jailbreak?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Lol, I could careless about jailbreaking. But, like I said, it isn't for me. Its a friends iPod, and he probably doesn't want to jailbreak. I can suggest it to him, but I doubt it. And I could careless about jailbreaking 'cause I don't like Apple products (as said before).
    Laptop-Acer Aspire V3-551G AMD A8 APU Quad-core @ 1.9 GHz (2.8 GHz turbo) 4 GB DDR3 800, Dual graphics AMD Radeon HD 7640g + 7670M with 1 GB dedicated vRAM, 500 GB HDD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12