Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How To Help Ubuntu Studio

Beans

Re: How To Help Ubuntu Studio

Thanks for sharing the ubuntu forum. I am using the ubuntu 10.04 and always looking new thing or software to get install and use them. Is there any version for ubuntu studio for ubuntu 10.04

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by beulahcambell View Post
    Thanks for sharing the ubuntu forum. I am using the ubuntu 10.04 and always looking new thing or software to get install and use them. Is there any version for ubuntu studio for ubuntu 10.04
    You can add the ubuntustudio packages to your existing ubuntu 10.04 with

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-desktop ubuntustudio-audio ubuntustudio-audio-plugins ubuntustudio-graphics ubuntustudio-video

See complete instructions here: Ubuntu Studio upgrade from Ubuntu
    Dell Inspiron 1545
    Dual Core T4300, Intel GM4500
    Triple Boot: Ubuntu Studio, OSX, Windows 7

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I am Using 12.04 Beta 2 and I have noticed that there is bugy sound when I turn the sound higher than 100%. Why I do so is so that I have extreamly sensitve ears and I use them to clean out the pops and clicks from my music files with Audacity. It "chirps" like a cicada. i wish we could go back to stricktly using alsa and no pulse audio.
    If Ubuntu had 31 flavors then we could call it Baskin' Ubuntu.

Beans

First of all, you have of course to install Ubuntu. Choose your desktop environment for performance, use, personnal preference, etc... (Unity, Gnome Classic, Gnome Shell, Xfce...)
    The recommanded desktop for multimedia production is now Xfce, so starting with installing Xubuntu should be the good choise. However, if you already have installed a standard Ubuntu, you may want to add Xfce with Ubuntu branding, but not all Xubuntu extra stuff.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hi!

I'm a (quite but not quite) experienced tester at Ubuntu QA Team, helped chair some meetings. I'm also in the Beginners Team.

I will use option 5: The Hacker. I will be a useful guy for Ubuntu Studio.

Beans

Could some moderator remove the three junk topics that were
    moved? It looks stupid to leave them there on the main page, and everyone has to scroll past it, every time the forum is opened.
    Curious mac and windows users are not likely to be impressed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by sgx View Post
    moved? It looks stupid to leave them there on the main page, and everyone has to scroll past it, every time the forum is opened.
    Er wrong place, go to ¨Forum feedback and Help¨.
    As the Ubuntu Studio release manager and a Kubuntu developer, I do a lot of ISO testing and packaging.
    Make Ubuntu 13.10 awesome~!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

They disappear all by themselves eventualy.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

I removed the redirects.

Edit - next time just use the report button and ask someone to do it - thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Stochastic View Post
    Hopefully you're enjoying the wonderful world of producing multimedia on an Ubuntu system.
    <SNIP>

* Fix, triage, and comment on bugs at http://launchpad.net
    So much very badly formatted text to try to read. Downloaded about ten almost as messy pages to try to read, about compiling, I think?

Usually I resort to Pinguy's versions, since the Ubuntu team likes being behind the frontier, it seems. If it could learn from the Puppy series of distros - it might know that users of all types are specialized into 'packages'.

For example: AUDIO, GRAPHICS, MULTI-MEDIA, DEVELOPMENT, SECURITY, DEBUGGING, BENCHING, ...

You have classified volunteers into novices, advanced & coders, I think. Every business-minded person would be shocked if you classed staff members this way.

IMO(not at all humble!): Ubuntu desperately needs departments (paid and/ or unpaid staff) in Market-Research (trends, competitors, peers, allies, wiki-leakers, ...), tech writers, crash-rewarders (like Google does, but no need for $$$ to be paid out), ...

This is why Colgate-Parmolive, Walmart, Amazon, Coca-Cola, MacDonalds, Apple & Microsoft excel: not because of good products, but MARKETING EXPERTISE only.

In my many decades of workaholism & being a head-huntee, from 'novice' to CEO(s), Ubuntu is like the rest of Linux: a primary-school graduate obsessed with being a one-per-center. Please ... MARKETING is now a science. Be scientific, instead of childish!

Retired Chief Information Officer (1984)
    Australian Capital Territory

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast