Thread: software for 360 degrees panoramas?

Beans

software for 360 degrees panoramas?

Hi!

Just wonder if there is any open source (free) software that helps to create virtual presentations on the web pages similar to that one:

http://viewat.org/?hd=1&i=pl&sec=pn&id_pn=3272

Is there any linux software that can help in showing virtual panoramas on websites like the one above? I know how to stich the photographs on my PC, but have no idea how to show that to my audience...

I got the hardware (good tripod with head, fisheye lens), but have no idea about the required software (and I would not like to spend tons of money on that).

Cheers,
    Robert

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: software for 360 degrees panoramas?

You can use PTViewer.

If you use Joomla CMS, then there are a few extensions that allow you to easily insert interactive panorama images on a web site.

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensi...ch/1/panorama/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    You can use PTViewer.

If you use Joomla CMS, then there are a few extensions that allow you to easily insert interactive panorama images on a web site.

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensi...ch/1/panorama/
    Thanks for fast reply.

Is there any software similar to PTViewer, that creates panoramas in swf files?

Cheers,
    Robert

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by robgr85 View Post
    Thanks for fast reply.

Is there any software similar to PTViewer, that creates panoramas in swf files?

Cheers,
    Robert
    I guess one of those Joomla extensions use flash. I don't know if you already have an web site, but I strongly recommend trying out Joomla. You won't be disappointed.

Beans

I am university student (and photography passionate) with enough of gear to create 360degrees panoramas(DSLR, fisheye lens, panoramic head), and I would like to try offering 3d presentations for some restaurants, clubs, hotels from my home city in this summer (so they could put the panoramic swf's on their websites). I think it could generate quite nice income for me as for summer student job...

Unfortunately, I have very small budget to start, so investing in commercial software would be the last thing I would like to do... I need to create some 360degrees panoramas first, that I could show to my future 'customers' so they would know what would they pay for...

I think that presentations in the swf format would be far more accesible to the site visitors..., If those panoramas would be for my private use, it would be no problem to give joomla a try, but there are many different architectures of the sites of my 'future clients', it would be silly saying to them that they need to switch to joomla to get 3d view of their apartments on their websites...

Cheers,
    Robert Grubba

Beans
    Distro

I understand. I don't know an application that could create standalone swf panorama files.

You could create you own web site with the panoramas, then provide your costumers the html code to include them on their site on a frame.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    I understand. I don't know an application that could create standalone swf panorama files.

You could create you own web site with the panoramas, then provide your costumers the html code to include them on their site on a frame.
    Thanks for Your replys, I know that Pano2VR allows creating Flash panoramas, but it means -200$ from my pocket :/ Yeah I know, not so much, but I also do need to invest in other things - I should be looking professionally while negotiating with future customers (suit, ordering some business cards etc)...

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr.php

I would be glad to get any reply with the name of some (free) software giving the ability to create something like this:

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2...demo=park_skin

Cheers,
    Robert

Beans

Smile Re: software for 360 degrees panoramas?

For simple image panoramics try Hugin.

It is a great peace of software, it can do the job by itself (only needs autopano as a plugin). I just tried it in Ubuntu 11.4 and it works like a charm. Use the Ubuntu Software Center to install it and use the Assistent tab to Load images, then do the Align, and finally press Create panorama.