Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Triple boot?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Triple boot?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdork33 View Post
    I really agree. Before jumping into the hard stuff, you should see if you even want the end result.

VirtualBox recently added support for 3d acceleration on Linux guests even!
    Ok! I'll give it a try!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I use rEFIt on my MacPro, when I startup my computer it checks what OS's I have installed and lets me choose which to load. It's very easy to set up, and feasible for most anyone without alot of computer know how. You can double/triple/quadruple boot with rEFIt too. It probably took me less than 20 minutes to get triple boot going.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Weird problem. I installed following the instructions at: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ma...20and%20Ubuntu.
    Loaded fine into OSX (Leopard) and Vista (Home Premium 64). When I tried to load into Ubuntu, it went into Vista. Tried it again and got the same thing. Redoing the Ubuntu install now but I followed the instructions the first time as well so I'm pretty sure nothing will be different.

Second attempt at Ubuntu install gave me a "missing operating system" error instead. Turned it off and back on again, stalled at the tux logo. Turned off and back on another time and went back to "missing operating system".

....Now I'm really confused. After about 5 boots of "missing operating system" it went back to loading into Vista on the most recent try.
    Last edited by rapsball4; August 6th, 2009 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Update

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12