Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atheros wifi issue.

Beans

Re: Atheros wifi issue.

Hi Coutts,

Are you saying that after install of juanty you can just go to network manager and all the wifi networks are just there? Did you leave Atheros hardware driver installed?

Do you have a hidden ssid setup using WPA? Even if it's not hidden, can you use WPA1/2?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Thanks t0mppa!
    I upgraded from Intrepid (which I had resolved wireless card problems with ndiswrapper) on my Toshiba L305.

NOTE: users coming from ndiswrapper and using t0mppas method; comment out ndiswrapper and blacklist ath_hal in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf with the ol' #.

Code:
    #ndiswrapper
    #blacklist ath_hal
    Unfortunately, now that I have wireless again, I have no more excuses and have to get back to work...

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have the same card in mine, with Intrepid I just had to install the backports and it worked.

Jaunty with a fresh install worked right out of the box. This card used to be a real bear back in Gutsy and Hardy. No more now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Actually using the backports way installs ath5k, if I'm not mistaken. What I listed here is a way to install the older MadWifi driver.

And to make the mess perfect, users of different cards have reported that for some cards ath5k works, for some the older driver works and some need NDISwrapper. So, none of these options can be offered as the ultimate fix for users. They just have to find out which one works for their card.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Yes, the backport does install ath5k. Hopefully nobody with this same card needs ndiswrapper anymore though at this point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12