Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Wacom Intuos4 on Ubuntu

Beans

Re: Wacom Intuos4 on Ubuntu

I have the same Problem as Franky59 only having the half of my screen and half of my Intuos4 L accessible. I did a git-bisect and found it to fail on commit 19c24dc4e852bae384f16411d5f59add487be5f0 (Rework rotation and scaling into tablet areas) of xf86-input-wacom.

I'm using lucid on amd64. Any ideas?

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Wacom Intuos4 on Ubuntu

I did a bit of investigations and found a few things:
    1. commit 19c24dc4e852bae384f16411d5f59add487be5f0 ist the first commit to use the xf86ScaleAxis function
    2. using "gdb" I see that xf86ScaleAxis is called with Sxhigh=65024 (strange, my Screen has only 1920 pixels horizontally)
    3. If the Cx parameter goes above 33026 - which is about half the X size of the tablet - the xf86ScaleAxis function overflows, and calculates a negative X which is truncated to 0
    4. according to http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-dev...il/007333.html newer Xorg servers support higher values for the xf86ScaleAxis function and therefore don't exhibit this bug
    5. the Xorg server of lucid-lynx does not yet have this patch included

Should I directly report this to Peter Hutterer, who committed this change?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi nosound,

Yes, I think you should. We've run into this issue several times now and you're the first one to discover the problem.

Normally you'd report on linuxwacom discuss or the bug tracker. But I think you have enough information to report on the linuxwacom-devel mailing list: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...itle=Main_Page

From the patch you cite I'm thinking the issue only applies to X server 1.7, which is exactly what we've been seeing in the Forums, Lucid users.

Beans
    Distro

Hi again nosound,

OK, we have our answer. Peter won't include a work around in the xf86-input-code and Xserver 1.7 is discontinued upstream. So to get it fixed you have to post a Launchpad bug report and ask the Ubuntu Xorg maintainers to put Benjamin's patch into Ubuntu's version of X server 1.7. Should be doable.

Beans

I opened a bug report for the ScaleAxis function: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...rg/+bug/730488

Just for completeness, I opened a bug for the Intuos PAD device on Lucid too: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/730478 If this would get fixed directly, there might not be the need for fixing the ScaleAxis function.

Beans
    Distro

Good work, covered the bases.

FYI I'm pretty sure this affects the Cintiqs too, or at least the 21 UX and 21 UX2.

Edit: Wow, great work nosound! They already have the fix in Lucid Xorg proposed. Outstanding. I guess it helps when they don't see a possibility of regression.
    Last edited by Favux; March 9th, 2011 at 04:42 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi daiheitan,

Since you have xf86-input-wacom-0.11.0 you can remove the two ClickForce lines. ClickForce is now Threshold.

The line:
    Code:
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Intuos4 6x9 stylus" TabletPCButton "on" # stylus tip + button, or "off" for hover mode
    should read:
    Code:
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Intuos4 6x9 stylus" TabletPCButton "off" # "off" for tablet hover mode
    And you can comment (#) that line out since off should be the default for a tablet. As a general rule comment out a line if you are happy with the default. There is no need to reapply the default from the driver with xsetwacom. Some more information on tablet configuration is available on the mediawiki: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik..._Configuration

Go ahead and clean up the xsetwacom script and then let's see where you are. We may want to look at your Xorg.0.log in /var/log. We might want to play with the Threshold value.

I can also link you to sanette's OLED application. By the way someone was working on adding OLED support to the drivers in the last few weeks. Was trying to make needed changes to the kernel. Haven't heard anything from them recently. I don't think the linux-input maintainer responded to the patches yet.

Beans

I commented that line and the problem is gone, even though it still lose lines if I draw fast. But it is much better. Thanks.

Do you still want to see the log file?

Beans
    Distro

Great! No. No need. If you're good I'm good.

Oops I was going to link you to OLED. Give me a second.

OK, here's the latest post: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=174 And the whole thread is devoted to OLED's.
    Last edited by Favux; May 1st, 2011 at 08:27 PM.

Beans

wait a minute...... I found that the problem isn't gone- -
    It seems to be OK because I set stylus button1(which seems to be the tip of the pen) to "1"(left click), so after drawing a line and starting a new line, the system receives a click event and moves the brush circle,so the new line starts. However, I found it hard to click items such as tools in the toolbox of GIMP under this setting because click with the pen now not simply means a click...Also tried some different threshold values like 1024 and 2047...

if I comment the line or change the binding
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Intuos4 6x9 stylus" Button 1 "1"
    The problem will be back

BTW the OLEDs works now......
    Last edited by daiheitan; May 1st, 2011 at 09:46 PM.

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast