Thread: Help with onboard network controllers on Abit in9-32x-max-wi-fi motherboard

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Help with onboard network controllers on Abit in9-32x-max-wi-fi motherboard

Here's the issue, i managed to convince a friend of mine to boot his new custom built (by us, he ordered the parts, we put it together) computer with Ubuntu. I wish i could give you full specs, but i do not remember them off hand. Our biggest issue right now though is just the built in nic's. As stated in the topic the mobo is an Abit in9-32x-max-wi-fi with dual built-in 1Gigabit (i think) network cards. Both intrepid and jaunty will recognize that the nics are there, but in intrepid they will not even show as active when there is an ethernet connection to a router. In Jaunty it will connect up to the point of getting an IP, but will never actually get an IP and connect completely. as per http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=459930, I know that we are not the only ones to have an issue with this particular mobo and nic setup, but there is no solution listed in that thread and it is the only one that comes up in a search for that motherboard.

Also, he purchased a EDImax 802.11b/g/n PCI wireless card that we are trying to get to work. We have the linux driver from the manufacturer, that we have tried to install in intrepid with absolutely no luck. And when we booted from a Jaunty liveCD it recognized the wireless card, but had the same issue that we had with the ethernet nics where it would act as if it were connecting, but never get an IP and truly connect.

Can anyone shed any light on what may be causing these issues and possibly provide a work around?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. I unfortunately will not be able to post the output of any terminal commands until this weekend, most likely Sunday, due to the fact that i am currently at work, and we will all be out of town friday and saturday.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Help with onboard network controllers on Abit in9-32x-max-wi-fi motherboard

Bump

I hate to do this since obviously people have been reading this (the forum shows 40 views), but I am in a crunch.