Thread: video tagging program

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

video tagging program

This is related to the video editor debate that keeps cropping up again and again.

One of the main differences in Linux editors is that no provision is made media management. If you have 40 hours of footage for a project then basically you would have to customise folders to manage the media.

I was wondering is this also an issue with other people. Say you have a one hour tape with three different recordings. This 20 minute clip was from when uncle burt flew in. And this is my son johnny on stage for ten minutes etc. Then multiply that for all of your footage.

So you can view a time line, then mark clips, add tags etc. So when you want to view, edit, manage footage, its easy to find. Maybe even stop a frame, highlight people, things etc and add info to that.

I realise most people would store there footage on miniDV tapes, but in a few years camcorders will have moved to SDD etc. So even if you haven't room to store all that on your Hardrive, you could back them up to DVD/Blueray, NAS drive etc, with tags. It would also help future generations to have context.

Anyway this is all just off the top of my head. Any thoughts.
    MS skill level -- I press buttons and stuff happens
    Linux skill level -- I copy and paste into the terminal and stuff happens!
    Mac skill level -- Wear a black turtleneck and stuff happens

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: video tagging program

Bump

No interest?
    MS skill level -- I press buttons and stuff happens
    Linux skill level -- I copy and paste into the terminal and stuff happens!
    Mac skill level -- Wear a black turtleneck and stuff happens