Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nexuiz 2.5 Released! =)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Nexuiz 2.5 Released! =)

If that's all you got out of this the thread, that's a shame. I spent a lot of time replying to your complaints but you kept telling me how you want the game _to_be_ instead of seeing how _it_is_. I offered advice and many resources that I don't feel you acknowledged.

No one said you're stupid.
    Open-source FPS reborn, evolve with us, xonotic.

RIP Nexuiz - 8) Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the ninja arts of xonotic.
    My Themes: Green and Ruby - Karmic Koala for GNOME | Brown ubuntuforums.org for Stylish

Beans

I really think that its unjustified to flame Polygon for his opinions which he laid out clearly and without being like a drama-queen. You should look at his argument and see they are valid in some points. The hook, while the best hook implementation i've seen in a game, needs balancing. did you know that you can hook an opponent and the hook won't let go? this opens up for a world of griefing where players can be pushed into a place and get stuck, without the ability to get loose.

Still, 2.5 is the first version of nexuiz that made me actually play *and* enjoy it. It's a great game and if anyone wants to play vs me tonight, PM me and let me know (my timezone is gmt +1).

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Again this is an issue with server admin's setting. If you're going to play on a noob server, expect noob settings, which simple entails unlimited everything and tons of features that don't necessarily go together.

There are actually 2 (basic) limitations available in the hook.

1) Ammo for the hook (using cells)
    2) Amount of time the hook can be hooked

There are extended tweaks available as well.

Also note that there are 2 different types of hook in the game... there is the hook weapon and the off hand hook.

Off hand hook is a classic EXTENDED gametype. It's played a different way and usually for more experienced players because it's throws the game into hyper-speed.
    Open-source FPS reborn, evolve with us, xonotic.

RIP Nexuiz - 8) Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the ninja arts of xonotic.
    My Themes: Green and Ruby - Karmic Koala for GNOME | Brown ubuntuforums.org for Stylish

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

nexuiz is a lot of fun. super fast paced, good graphics and excellent controls. check it out if you like fps games.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234