Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers desktop theme?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Lightbulb Steelers desktop theme?

Has anyone put together a Pittsburgh Steelers desktop theme? My guess is that it would look something like "High Contrast Reverse", but with Black and Gold, and "Gunplay" is evidently the name of that signature font. Obviously, anyone (even me) can whip up a simple version. I thought perhaps someone with more ability (and time) could put together one that included all of the requisite scalable icons, etc.

Any takers?
    “Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.” -- Bertrand Russell

Beans

Re: Steelers desktop theme?

Mononoke Hime fan?

This is a GNOME theme correct? It would be a nice project, and would probably increase adoption in this area! If I get anything done I will contribute. Good luck!

Beans

Boooooo Steelers!

I'm obviously an Eagles fan

Beans

I do not like football at all. I think a Steelers theme for PA would be good for some people though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Seriously, a Steelers desktop theme is key for the success of Ubuntu in PA.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by evanrmurphy View Post
    Seriously, a Steelers desktop theme is key for the success of Ubuntu in PA.
    haha!
    "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
    -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Lightbulb Re: Steelers desktop theme?

I propose the new official Ubuntu derivative Stubuntu, based on the beloved Steelers Desktop Environment (StDE), to begin engaging this critical demographic who has gone so overlooked by the Linux community all these years.

In all seriousness, I do think the desktop theme is a good idea, and I hope someone has the initiative to take it on. Maybe you should give it a go, ricardisimo! Even a simple version would be better than nothing, and once something is started, it can always be built upon later.
    Last edited by evanrmurphy; May 11th, 2009 at 09:59 PM.

Beans

Marked! I will come back to check this soon!thanks a lot.
    simulation taux banque credit immobilier de France - Credit immobilier de France, simulation credit immobilier. Résultat mitigé pour le crédit immobilier de France.simulation taux banque credit immobilier de France

Beans

I made a simple mod of clearlooks with steeler colors, if I remake it sometime I will post it.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I've been toying around with (among other things) how to tile steel plate images so as to provide a nautilus/dolphin file browser background, without impeding visibility. It's not terribly easy. I'm attaching some jpegs that I've been working with so that others can take a crack at it. Let me know how you can do it if you can.

Finer tiling darkens the background, making black text hard to read; but it's not dark enough to justify making text white, for example. Conversely, more gross makes the background too busy, and the eye has difficulty finding icons and text.

Look it over and let me know what you guys think. A lot of this stuff I'm finding very easy to do manually, as far as adding icons and emblems, tiling backgrounds, etc. I can talk anyone through it easily enough. The trick is packaging it and making it a one-click theme selection for Steeler Nation. There I have no clue. I'll eventually look into it, I suppose, once I have the details worked out, but someone else may be better suited to that task than I am.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ricardisimo; August 28th, 2009 at 05:04 AM.
    “Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.” -- Bertrand Russell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast