Thread: America's Army

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

America's Army

I got the game installed fine, ran it up, the AA splash screen came up, screen went black, went to main menu, etc. I went to settings (last time I installed, the game was so laggy I couldn't play) so I saw the settings format was a little like ut2004 setting format. (in ut2004, render device was on opengl, which made the game unplayable, so I put it to software and it worked smooth now.) So I did the same thing with AA. After that, the game exited (I think it restarted, that's what it always does.) So I double click the script, press run...and nothing happens. Actually, the AA splash screen comes up, then after like 15 seconds, it disappears. I put it in a terminal, and the error said:Can't find file for package 'PixoDrv'

History:

Exiting due to error

So could someone help me
    I heard that somewhere, 'Ubuntu' is a word in the African language, that means 'prosperity, good-fortune, etc.' Nice job Linux

Beans

Re: America's Army

There is no software renderer in Americas Army, Your only option is to use OpenGL.
    2.5 Assist, The Americas Army "Deploy" Client for Mac & Linux
    http://aa25.org

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: America's Army

no, I meant, it's called rendering the driver, or whatever. There's 2 options, openGL, and Software. I want to use software but it crashes everytime and it doesn't save the option.

(I fixed the problem though)
    I heard that somewhere, 'Ubuntu' is a word in the African language, that means 'prosperity, good-fortune, etc.' Nice job Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Question Re: America's Army

I loved that game, but it went South for me because, IIRC, American Army suspended the development of the Linux client several years ago. Since then the format of the game has changed. Have they resumed development of the Linux client and released a version that is compatible with the current format?