Thread: HOWTO: Open URLs in Konqueror from Firefox

Beans

HOWTO: Open URLs in Konqueror from Firefox

HOWTO: Open URLs in Konqueror from Firefox

I am using Firefox most of the time, and I think it's an excellent browser. But sometimes Konqueror does a better job on the rendering and therefore I
    wanted the option to open some sites in Konqueror just by right-clicking a site in Firefox.

To accomplish this I installed the "IE View Lite" extension from this page:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...cation=firefox

But this extension is targeted at Windows users wanting Firefox to open some sites in Internet Explorer. Well, we now want to mod it, to get it to work with Konqueror.

After you have installed it and restarted Firefox, click on your location bar and type about:config

Search for ieview.path and replace the string with the path to Konqueror: /usr/bin/konqueror

A restart of your browser, and sites should now open in Konqueror if you right click them.

------------------------------------------------
    OPTIONAL MOD:

The last mod is optional, but I recommend it for practical reasons. That is to change the text "View This Page in IE" with "Konqueror".

Open your local mozilla directory in /home/user/.mozilla/firefox/ and find your Extensions directory. On my computer this directory was located under a somewhat awkward name: obwl3l21.default. It may be different for you, so do a search for it, if you can't find it.

Inside this directory find the directory called {FDD8ECF0-451A-414D-8C8F-7B7F78B0ECD3}, open it and go through chrome -> content and find the file called ieviewOverlay.xul and open it in a text editor. Their you will find the line to change, simply replace the text IE with Konqueror and save it.

Restart your Firefox and enjoy the power of both browsers! In Konqueror an "Open in Firefox" is already provided in the right-click actions menu.
    Last edited by magnusbb; December 11th, 2005 at 12:07 PM.

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Open URLs in Konqueror from Firefox

I have created an Add-On just for this, from IE View Lite:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10681