Thread: Screen size weird in parallels

Beans

Screen size weird in parallels

I installed Ubuntu 8.10 in parallels on my macbook. It all works fine that I can tell, except the screen size is set to something smaller than my screen actually is. I tried to change it in the options, but when I do the screen goes crazy and I can't fix it back to haw it was, and I'm left reinstalling it. If anyone has any ideas to fix it, or if it's a lost cause let me know.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Screen size weird in parallels

did you install parallels tools?

Beans

Does anyone know how to install Parallels Tools (v4.0.3810) with Ubuntu 9.04? Currently (April 25th, 2009) the install of Parallels Tools crashes and thus hinders running Ubuntu 9.04 as a guest OS. Anyone?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by _Poincare View Post
    Does anyone know how to install Parallels Tools (v4.0.3810) with Ubuntu 9.04? Currently (April 25th, 2009) the install of Parallels Tools crashes and thus hinders running Ubuntu 9.04 as a guest OS. Anyone?
    you don't HAVE to have parallels tools to run Linux in the VM (it does make it nicer though).

parallels is usually slow to update the tools for Linux support. You just have to wait. You can go complain to parallels support though:
    http://www.parallels.com/support/desktop/