Thread: System Crash What log Information do I post?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question System Crash What log Information do I post?

Here are the specs for my system: CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86GHz(1066MHz) s775; RAM: Kingston 1GB 240-pin DDR II 533MHz/PC4200; O/S: Ubuntu 8.10 \n \l; Video Card: Asus GF7300LE w/TurboCache128MB TVOut DVI; Video Driver: nVidia ver. 177; Settings Manager: CCSM ver. 0.7.8; Window Manager: Compiz; Window Decorator: GTK Window Decorator. All updates current to March 31st, 2009 have been downloaded and installed. Here is the problem: For some time now my system has been crashing and rebooting three or four times a day when I try to access a link using Firefox 3.0. I am only accessing well traveled pages and I don't access dodgy sites. On reboot when I open Firefox and restore the session the page I was trying to access displays without a problem. I can not consistently reproduce the failure. What I want to do is post output from my system logs and see if someone can identify what may be triggering the crash. There are a number of system logs and each contain large numbers of entries. Can someone advise as to what information and from which logs would be most relevant to post? I'm sorry about the formatting but the text editing features don't seem to be working. Maybe it has something to do with these silly pink screens. Anyway I hope someone can help.

Beans

Re: System Crash What log Information do I post?

Have you checked Launchpad or Moz Bugzilla to see if this is already a known issue?

Also, take a look at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MozillaTeam/...buggingFirefox for Firefox-specific bug reporting requirements.