Thread: Bad bootin

Beans

Bad bootin

Hey there,

I'm new to ubuntu just installed it on my mac 4,1 macbook.

My problem is: ubuntu will not boot without the install disk to read from. I try booting without the disk and i get an off-white screen containing a blinking folder with a question mark in its' center.

Read a forum claiming this might be due to a grub - tried out that code in terminal and problem still persists.

Anyway if anyone has a few pointers I'd appreciate it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Bad bootin

Quote Originally Posted by norma View Post
    Hey there,

I'm new to ubuntu just installed it on my mac 4,1 macbook.

My problem is: ubuntu will not boot without the install disk to read from. I try booting without the disk and i get an off-white screen containing a blinking folder with a question mark in its' center.

Read a forum claiming this might be due to a grub - tried out that code in terminal and problem still persists.

Anyway if anyone has a few pointers I'd appreciate it.
    did you install refit? if not, you need to get refit and use it to sync the partition tables.

Beans

Problem with refit - ubuntu is already installed and my drive wiped. So I am unable to create a disk from the .dmg file as I'm not operating is OSX anymore. Is there another way to acquire refit?

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

there is an iso which you can burn to a cd, or you can install in on a USB drive