Thread: Installing APC for PHP (HELP!)

Beans

Installing APC for PHP (HELP!)

Experiencing weirdness on Ubuntu 8.04.

I had previously installed APC 3.0.19 just fine using "sudo pecl install apc". I was going to try out the beta version tonight so I uninstalled apc and tried "sudo pecl install apc-beta". It failed miserably complaining the libtool did not exist. What's strange is that I was previously able to install apc just fine.

Now when I try to reinstall the stable version, I get the same error messages.

Code:
     sudo pecl install apc
    downloading APC-3.0.19.tgz ...
    Starting to download APC-3.0.19.tgz (115,735 bytes)
    .........................done: 115,735 bytes
    47 source files, building
    running: phpize
    Configuring for:
    PHP Api Version:         20041225
    Zend Module Api No:      20060613
    Zend Extension Api No:   220060519
    cp: cannot stat `ltmain.sh': No such file or directory
    cat: /usr/share/aclocal/ltsugar.m4: No such file or directory
    cat: /usr/share/aclocal/ltversion.m4: No such file or directory
    cat: /usr/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4: No such file or directory
    cat: /usr/share/aclocal/ltoptions.m4: No such file or directory
     1. Use apxs to set compile flags (if using APC with Apache)? : yes

1-1, 'all', 'abort', or Enter to continue: 

config.status: creating config.h
    running: make
    /bin/bash /var/tmp/pear-build-root/APC-3.0.19/libtool --mode=compile gcc -DLINUX=2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/apr-1.0 -I/usr/include/openssl -I/usr/include/postgresql -I/usr/include/xmltok -pthread -I. -I/tmp/pear/temp/APC -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/var/tmp/pear-build-root/APC-3.0.19/include -I/var/tmp/pear-build-root/APC-3.0.19/main -I/tmp/pear/temp/APC -I/usr/include/php5 -I/usr/include/php5/main -I/usr/include/php5/TSRM -I/usr/include/php5/Zend -I/usr/include/php5/ext -I/usr/include/php5/ext/date/lib -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -I/usr/include/php5 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -g -O2   -c /tmp/pear/temp/APC/apc.c -o apc.lo
    /bin/bash: /var/tmp/pear-build-root/APC-3.0.19/libtool: No such file or directory
    make: *** [apc.lo] Error 127
    ERROR: `make' failed
    Looking at a similar thread, the suggestion was to make sure php5-dev and apache2-dev were installed and it's already installed on my system previously. So seriously scratching my head as to why the build will suddenly fail. Need help as my site is down right now.. Thanks!

Beans

Re: Installing APC for PHP (HELP!)

Well,

It turns out that /usr/lib/php5/build/ltmain.sh is linked to the wrong place. It needs to point to ../../../share/libtool/ltmain.sh instead of ../../../share/libtool/config/ltmain.sh

After fixing this, things worked fine.