Thread: Google Toolbar disappears

Beans

Google Toolbar disappears

This is my first time with Linux, so forgive me for my newbness.

I have Ubuntu 8.10 installed and working. I have recently added the google toolbar for firefox. When opening up Firefox, the google toolbar is where its supposed to be just fine. But if I open another window of firefox, the google toolbar is gone. In its place is just an empty gray area. Not knowing anything else, I also tried this under KDE and the same thing happens.

Any thoughts?

Beans

Re: Google Toolbar disappears

Never mind. I searched for this problem, but apparently not well enough. I find the solution here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Google Toolbar disappears

My toolbar did not disappear.

Instead what vanished yesterday was the "translate" button. After pulling it back up from the right context menu of the toolbar "add button" it would only translate to Spanish. I had set it to German. As you can see from my attachment the option to set the language has disappeared form the toolbar options - tools.

This archived post here describes the same problem but there were no replies: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=609802

Uninstalling and reinstalling the bar doesn't change anything. Following the steps outlined in the prior two posts for the disappearing toolbar won't fix it.

I'm running Version 5.0.20090324L on an up-to-date Jaunty 9.04 64bit in Firefox 3.0.10.

It works just fine on my two other 32bit Jaunty boxes.

Any help to get my occasional study aid back would be much appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images