Thread: Display on Toshiba portege

Beans

Display on Toshiba portege

I just installed ubuntu on my old toshiba portege, is great, except that the display is does not fill the entire screen. i don't have the option to make the resolution larger nor can I find out how to change the size of the display.

Any sugestions?

Beans

Re: Display on Toshiba portege

I'm having the exact same issue on a similar Portege model...

No luck so far, the only suggestions I've found are to play with the resolution settings, but I've had no luck with that. Although, to be fair, I have little idea of what I'm doing.

I'll try to share any info I run across with you. Maybe seeing that it's happening on the same model computer will give someone an idea of what to do.

Good luck!

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm wondering if your systems are correctly identifying your monitor specs - I have two Toshiba laptops (both from the Satellite range of models) and haven't had this problem.

Sorry, no immediate thoughts on correcting the problem beyond looking at what the Screen Resolution menu item "thinks" you have.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi SCHolland,

I hope you got your video working right, but if you didn't. Cdmjfd got his video to work right on his Toshiba Portege 3500 (?) by tagging along on this thread:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1102194

I hope this is helpful.