Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Common Linux Complaints

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Common Linux Complaints

Aye. But it's worth it. It's one of the game that still is on my computer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Arktis View Post
    TC:E (True Combat: Elite) - To say that this is a Counterstrike clone wouldn't do it justice. It's a mod for Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, so it's cross platform and free (thanks, id software!). Sniping is much harder, aiming is done with the actual gun sights instead of HUD cross-hairs, you can lean to the left or right side to peek/shoot around obstacles and corners, and you can even stealthily crawl around on your belly. Without a doubt, my favorite game for Linux. Also has easy installation, but I recommend installing to a subdir in your home directory. You won't need root privileges.
    I am getting the error "file not found." Where can I download this ET Mod?

http://liflg.org/?what=dl&catid=6&ga...-english-2.run

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Complaint #4: Linux is not ready for the desktop!
    Reply: Sorry, but it is and it has been for a while now. A great deal of people, myself included, have been using Linux for their primary desktop OS for a long time now. We get by just fine. The reality is that you and 75% or more of your fellow computer users (guesstimation) simply aren't ready for Linux. The nix flavors represent ways of interacting with your computer and a philosophies that are just different enough to disorient, confuse, and frustrate you - especially if you're a long time Windows user. If you're simply not familiar enough with the kind of thinking involved, "tools of the trade" or you simply just don't like to think too much, you're likely going to claim that it's Linux's fault when you run into initial problems. The fact that Linux is also under a continual development cycle also tends to give the impression that it's just never quite "there" yet. See this post as well. I go into more detail there in response to some more LINRFTD posts.
    Sorry, but your argument defeats itself. Try again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

good work, clear and straight to the point . the thread deserves to be sticky
    The limits of my language mean the limits of my world

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678