Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Todays update wants to remove mobloquer

Beans

Re: Todays update wants to remove mobloquer

Hmm, I'd need more of that logfile to see what went wrong. There might be something in /var/log/blockcontrol.log. But I guess I have to check the postinst once again...
    Please post your logfiles and output of commands wrapped in code tags:
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]
    Co-author of PeerGuardian Linux (pgl). Maintainer of the pgl package repositories for Debian and Ubuntu.

Beans

I just checked raffytaffy's blockcontrol.log (received privately). Everything seems to be ok there.

I've just uploaded a new version (1.3-6), which adds some more verbosity to the postinst. So the output during package installation might be more helpful.

If you try again, please post the complete output that you get during the updating phase.
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]
    Co-author of PeerGuardian Linux (pgl). Maintainer of the pgl package repositories for Debian and Ubuntu.

Beans

Well, I updated today and it seems to be a success. Here are the exact steps I took in case anyone wants to know. I edited the apt-get source list adding the moblock repo and the src repo.
    Code:
    deb http://moblock-deb.sourceforge.net/debian hardy main
    deb-src http://moblock-deb.sourceforge.net/debian hardy main
    I then opened synaptic package manager and set mobloquer to be updated, it asked to also update moblock and block-control. The update was a success. I wanted to thank JRE for all his time he spent helping me out. It really means a lot to me as I have become a big fan of moblock and its gui mobloquer. The transition to blockcontrol was smooth and the conf had no issues.
    Last edited by raffytaffy; April 3rd, 2009 at 06:56 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by raffytaffy View Post
    Well, I updated today and it seems to be a success.
    [...]
    The transition to blockcontrol was smooth and the conf had no issues.
    Finally, I'm really glad to hear this. I really hope that I now have fixed all matters in the postinst. After all I wanted to smooth the update there - and not cause problems. I think for most people it worked perfectly with the first release, but for a minority obviously not :-/
    So I will remove the static repository soon.

Enjoy!
    jre
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12