Thread: Use Speedtouch 585 V6 ADSL2+ Wireless just as access point

Beans

Use Speedtouch 585 V6 ADSL2+ Wireless just as access point

do any one know how to use (Speedtouch 585 V6 ADSL2+ Wireless) just as access point ,i already have a motorola router with only one rj45 port , i wana use Speedtouch 585 V6 ADSL2+ Wireless as access point so that i will have 3 rj 45 ports +wireless access

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Use Speedtouch 585 V6 ADSL2+ Wireless just as access point

Quote Originally Posted by albasheers View Post
    do any one know how to use (Speedtouch 585 V6 ADSL2+ Wireless) just as access point ,i already have a motorola router with only one rj45 port , i wana use Speedtouch 585 V6 ADSL2+ Wireless as access point so that i will have 3 rj 45 ports +wireless access
    Go to the connection icon in the upper taskbar left click it and it will show all the wireless networks. If not right click it add a wireless connection with the name of the modem (Speedtouch for eg) as it actually shows in any pc (i don't know how speedtouch appears. i for eg use linksys and my wireless connection name appears as "linksys")

Hope that solves any problem.

Post back for any help.
    Dual Core 2.5GHz, 5Gb of Ram, 640Gb HD + Ubuntu 10.04 LTS = Life is simple...
    Open minds using open source
    http://forum.ubuntu-gr.org/

Beans

Wink Re: Use Speedtouch 585 V6 ADSL2+ Wireless just as access point

let me be more clear,

1.i have a motorola device which as only 1 rj 45 port and no wireless connectivity .

2.i have one more adsl modem with 4 rj45 ports and wireless access(Speedtouch 585 V6 ADSL2+ Wireless) .

now i wana connect motorola device to speedtouch so that i have more rj 45 ports and wireless connectivity

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I thought you wanted to connect to speedtouch through Ubuntu.
    This is what i tried to help to.

Sorry but i still cant understand in what you need help

Beans

i appreciate your help and support but i want to use speedtouch device as access point not as adsl modem

Note: this thread its not related on any os(operating system) or application, its related to adsl modem/access point configuration

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Sorry but i dont have the knwoledge to help you out with your problem.
    I hope you find out the solution pretty soon.

Beans

i appreciate your help and support but i want to use speedtouch device as access point not as adsl modem

Note: this thread its not related on any os(operating system) or application, its related to adsl modem/access point configuration
    Did you ever get this working?

I have a cisco 877 (non wireless) and want to use my speedtouch 585 (wireless) as a wireless access point.

Beans
    Hidden!

If you have a wired connection, you can access its web-based control panel at http://dsldevice.lan
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog