Thread: Argus Software

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Argus Software

I have been playing around with Ubuntu 8.10 for a short while and I absolutely love it. I would switch to Ubuntu from Vista in a heartbeat and never look back except for one program:

Argus Valuation DCF, a proprietary real estate investment analysis software developed by Argus Software, Inc.

I use this program frequently for work and it appears to be incompatible with wine. I downloaded all the library dll files along with completing the installation process with windows installshield wizard. Then program just becomes totally unresponsive when I attempted to launch it.

I installed the same program with CrossOver and cannot run it from there either.

Below is the link to a free demo version of Argus DCF,
    http://www.signup4.net/Public/ap.aspx?EID=FREE10E

I wonder if someone on this board would be interested to check it out to see whether this software is indeed incompatible with Wine/CrossOver or perhaps it couldn't run because I did something wrong.

Thanks!

P.S. I did run Argus DCF with virtualbox without any problem, but it is just too cumbersome having to maintain separate sets of updates for two operating systems and to switch between them back and forth. Another windows based program I use frequently run flawlessly with Wine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Argus Software

When I run the same program (Argus DCF Evaluation) with CorssOver, it keeps giving me the "WI error message with cause unknown".

Is this the sort of message I would expect to get if a program is incompatible with Wine/CrossOver?