Thread: adding new theme to cairo dock

Beans

adding new theme to cairo dock

I just got cairo dock for my desktop. I have downloaded a couple of new themes that i want to add to it but can not figure out how. Can anyone out there help me figure this out? Thanks ahead of time.

Beans

Re: adding new theme to cairo dock

uncompress them and copy them to ~/.config/cairo-dock/themes

Beans

I have tried dragging and drop. I've tried opening all in the terminal. Everytime I try putting these files in the themes folder all I get is an error message saying that permission is denied. I can't figure out what is going on here.

Beans

I'm not sure about yours, but my Cairo-dock folder is in my file system. To be able to paste something into your file system, you need to login as super user. Open a terminal and type in "su" without the quotation marks. It should then ask for your password. After that is done, you should have the authority to put your themes into the folder.

Beans

that's very abnormal, how did you install it ?
    the conf files should be in ~/.config/cairo-dock, or you should reinstall it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by firewarrior View Post
    I have tried dragging and drop. I've tried opening all in the terminal. Everytime I try putting these files in the themes folder all I get is an error message saying that permission is denied. I can't figure out what is going on here.
    Theme folders need root permissions in order to write to them. Simply right click on the folder, and click "open as root". Then you will be given elevated privileges, so you could add themes to the folder.